What You Need to Know
- C.A.R. and RRES moved to 430 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 800 on Friday, December 16th.
- Our business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30AM – 5:00PM.
- You will need to show a photo ID to visit us.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Getting to Our New CAR Headquarters
We have discounted parking with the AMA Garage at 401 N State Street. There are two convenient entries: off of State Street or the back entrance on Wabash next to the Dunkin Donuts across the street from the Trump Tower.
- Distance to C.A.R.’s offices: 0.2 miles, 422 steps, 4 minute walk
- Total number of spaces: 890
The process for discounted parking is as follows:
- Guest will pull an entry ticket from the parking garage gate and park their car.
- C.A.R. will provide guest a validation “chaser” ticket before the guest returns to their vehicle.
- Upon returning to the garage and prior to returning to their vehicle, the guest will go to the pay stations in the lobby and insert their entry ticket into the pay station. The normal price of parking will appear, and the guest will then insert the “chaser” ticket into the machine to reduce the parking charge to $16. Guests will be able to pay the fee in cash or by credit card. Once payment is accepted, a validated ticket will be dispensed from the pay station to be used at the garage exit.
- The guest will insert the paid/validated ticket into the reader at the garage exit. The gate will raise and the guest will be able to exit the garage in their vehicle.
Additional parking can be found at the addresses below, but C.A.R. cannot give a discount if you park at these locations:
- 614 N St. Clair
- Total number of spaces: 186
- Distance: 0.3 miles, 633 steps, 6 minute walk
- 240 E Illinois (Cityfront Plaza)
- Total number of spaces: 450
- Distance: 0.2 miles, 430 steps, 5 minute walk
We also recommend using a parking app like SpotHero if you are interested in parking downtown and reserving a space ahead of time.
Bus routes that drop off directly in front of the Wrigley Building adjacent to our office space on Michigan Avenue include 2, 3, 26, 29, 65, 120, 121, 143, 146, 147, 148, 151, 157.
Additional bus lines are in the area within a few blocks walk, including express bus routes from the north and south sides. We highly recommend planning out your route ahead of time using Google Maps.
Nearby CTA train stations include:
- State & Lake: Brown, Orange, Purple, Green, Pink Lines
- 9 minute walk, 0.4 miles
- Grand: Red Line
- 8 minute walk, 0.3 miles
- Clark & Lake: Blue, Green, Pink, Orange, Brown, Purple Lines
- 13 minute walk, 0.6 miles
Nearby Metra train stations include:
- Millennium Station: SSL, ME Lines
- 10 minute walk, 0.4 miles
- Ogilvie Transportation Center: UP-W, UP-NW, UP-N
- 30 minute walk, 1.4 miles
- Union Station: BNSF, MD-N, NCS, SWS, MD-W, HC
- 34 minute walk, 1.6 miles
Everything you need to know about our new home and the process we took to get there.
See for yourself new floorplans, pictures of the progress and more.