The Chicago Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.) is dedicated to “Advocating for REALTORS® and their Clients.” We utilize several different committees and coalitions and a full time professional staff to effectively and efficiently achieve this goal. The C.A.R. Governmental Affairs Department lobbies legislators and regulators to help pass laws that maintain a healthy business environment for our members and for their clients, and work to defeat laws which increase the cost of housing and inhibit the growth of the real estate industry.
In-Depth Issue Summaries:
- Accessory Dwelling Unit/Accessory Conversion Unit Issue Summary
- Affordable Requirements Ordinance (ARO) Issue Summary
- Commercial Assessments Issue Summary
- Cook County Residential Tenant-Landlord Ordinance (RTLO) Issue Summary
- Just Housing Issue Summary
- Real Estate Transfer Tax
- Rent Control Issue Summary
- Senior Housing Bill of Rights
WERE YOU LOOKING FOR...
There are forums for Government Advocacy, Property Management and Commercial. Raise your voice and protect your business by attending the re-vamped Government Affairs Forums, entitled: Coffee with Your G.A.D. Read More
Your one-stop resource for links to everything you need regarding Advocacy. Including list of Alderman, Ward maps, New legislation, and more. Read More
The REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization whose purpose is to provide financial assistance to the election campaigns of qualified candidates. Read More