MEMBER MAINTENANCE FORMS
Download Adobe Reader for free here.
Auto-Pay Credit Card Participation
To opt into autopay, please log into the My Account section of ChicagoREALTOR.com. Log in, and go to “Manage Credit Card Information.” Select the card you wish to use or select “Add a New Card”. Enter your credit card information, and address. Under “Autopayment Choices” check the box next to Membership Dues & Fees. You are now all set for worry-free automatic payments!
Change Email Address
To change your email address, click the Member Login tab on our home page. Login into our Internet Member Services section. Your Logon ID is your six-digit CAR/MRED number. Your default password is the last four digits of your social security number. (If this is your first visit, we recommend you change your password immediately after logging in by clicking on “Personal Information.”) Once you have logged in, click “Personal Information.”
Change Phone Number
To change your phone number, click the Member Login tab on our home page. Login into our Internet Member Services section. Your Logon ID is your six-digit CAR/MRED number. Your default password is the last four digits of your social security number. (If this is your first visit, we recommend you change your password immediately after logging in by clicking on “Personal Information.”) Once you have logged in, click “Personal Information.”
Change Your Home Address
If you wish to change your home address, please make the required change with the licensing agency, IDFPR. Please email email@example.com to update your real estate license. Next, submit this form to update your CAR account. (Online form submission has been added to the CAR Form Audit spreadsheet)
Change Your Name
The formal name we maintain in our database must match the name shown on your real estate license. If you wish to change your name, you must first change it with the Licensing Agency; they will forward a new license to you. You will need to send documentary proof to the Licensing Agency (i.e., certifed or photocopy of a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order). Visit their website www.idfpr.com to download their “Address Change Form”. this form is also used for name changes. Once the Licensing Agency records have been changed and you receive your new real estate license, please upload the completed Personal Name Change Request Form along with a copy of your new license to our secure file upload site: www.ChicagoREALTOR.com/upload for our Member Care Department to review.
Change the Name/Address of Your Firm
Click on the link provided to obtain a C.A.R. Firm Name Change Request Form. Only Responsible Managing Brokers can change firm information and copies of DBA or corporate license must be submitted if changing firm Name. You can also use this form to update the firm address.
Letter of Good Standing Requests
Click on the link provided to obtain a Letter of Good Standing Request Form. Members transferring to another REALTOR® association may request a Letter of Good Standing from C.A.R. to submit to the other association they are joining. The purpose of the Letter of Good Standing is to have any portion of IR or N.A.R. dues you have already paid through C.A.R., as well as an initiation fee, waived by the other association. Members will only be given a Letter of Good Standing if they have paid all current membership dues and fees to C.A.R./MRED. All requests for Letter of Good Standing must be in writing.
Transfer a Broker to Another Office
To transfer a broker from one C.A.R. office to another C.A.R. office, please fill out the CAR Member Transfer Notification Request Form. When you submit the form, please include the following:
- Credit card information for the $50 transfer fee payment
- Include Screenshot of Managing Broker approval of the license transfer from IDFPR’s Online Portal, or copy of the new license, or 45-day sponsor card.
- IDFPR $25 Transfer Payment Receipt
Transfer Primary Membership of an Office
To transfer Primary Membership of an Office download a Request to Transfer the Primary Membership of an Entire Office Form. Complete the form and upload it via our secure site (www.ChicagoREALTOR.com/upload) or mail it as directed.
Terminate a Broker
Terminate a Broker
In order to terminate (or drop) a broker, follow the steps below:
- Login to the IDFPR Portal and terminate the licensee.
- Send a screenshot of the termination to CAR at chicagorealtor.com/upload.
- Terminate a Broker Request Form
- Copy of the broker’s signed-off license
Note: Terminations must be submitted to the IDFPR and CAR within 2 business days after termination. If the termination is not property received by IDFPR the licensee WILL NOT be dropped from your CAR sponsorship and you will continue to be responsible for paying their “non-member licensee fees”.
In most cases, the managing broker of the office will be responsible for the endorsement required of the sponsoring broker. However, in the event the managing broker is unavailable, any broker authorized to sign on behalf of the sponsoring broker may provide the endorsement. Either the sponsoring broker or the sponsored licensee may demand the endorsement of the licensee. Failure of the sponsoring broker to endorse the license upon demand may subject the sponsoring broker (or managing broker) to discipline. The reason for this is IDFPR has complete jurisdiction over each license. However, the endorsement should not preclude either the sponsoring broker or sponsored licensee from pursuing any right or obligation pursuant the terms of the written employment agreement, or pursuant to any other civil remedy. See Section 5-40(b) of the Act and Rule 1450.75
Personal Assistant / Secretary ID Request
Only Managing Brokers can request a personal assistant or secretary MLS ID. Complete this form in its entirety and upload it to our secure site (www.ChicagoREALTOR.com/upload) for our Member Care Department. Once processed, the personal assistant/secretary will receive an email from MRED with their login information.
Reminders for Managing Brokers
Notifying IDFPR of new/terminated licenses if portal is down
If IDFPR’s portal is not working properly, here’s how to submit requests:
- Email a copy of a Sponsor Card to IDFPR: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IDFPR will enter the change into the system pending the payment.
- Mail a copy of the sponsor card with a paper check.
- IDFPR will process the payment and the change will become permanent.
If a NEW Applicant submits an application and the Managing Broker receives an email asking to approve them, they should simply forward that email to email@example.com writing that they APPROVE the addition of the person in question.
Similarly, terminations may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remind your brokers and leasing agents to avoid MLS suspension: Code of Ethics deadline is December 31st, 2021
We’re helping make it easy for you to complete the mandatory 2.5 hours of Code of Ethics training by the Dec. 31, 2021 deadline! Remember: failure to comply with this required ethics training is a violation of a membership duty, for which C.A.R. will suspend membership and MLS services on Jan. 1, 2022, until the training is complete. There are multiple ways to fulfill your requirement, including watching the video below – complete it today!
Terminating a Managing Broker
Click here to obtain a Terminate a Managing Broker Request Form. In order to terminate a Managing Broker, the Managing Broker should:
- Sign their license, indicate “terminated,” and mark the date of the termination.
- Upload a copy of the endorsed license to C.A.R.’s secure site (www.ChicagoREALTOR.com/upload).
- Retain a copy of the endorsed license at least until the next renewal date
- Submit a copy of the endorsed license to the licensing agency within 2 business days after termination by “signature required mail delivery”.
Changes in Managing Brokers
If a managing broker of an office is being replaced by someone else:
- The office must contact the Licensing Agency to make the changes on the office’s license as well as on the licenses of the individuals involved.
- The new managing broker must submit a copy of the licenses (office and managing broker) to C.A.R. in order to be assigned as the managing broker of the office as well as notify C.A.R. of the status of the outgoing managing broker.
- If the outgoing managing broker will remain with the office, C.A.R. will reassign them as a broker.
- If the outgoing managing broker is leaving the office altogether, the new managing broker must submit a termination notice for the outgoing managing broker (see Terminating A Managing Broker Sponsorship above). If the incoming managing broker is not currently a member of C.A.R., the must submit a new member application and pay applicable dues. An MLS Participation Agreement and the MLS start-up fee would not be required of a new managing broker taking over an existing office. (NOTE: All the appropriate forms necessary to make these changes are available on our website.)