The CAR Foundation Mentorship Program seeks to help develop the next generation of industry professionals with a mentorship program designed to provide necessary, hands-on knowledge, insights, tips and tools and to encourage ethical behavior for new REALTORS®.
Why Become a Mentor?
- Help cultivate the next generation of REALTORS®.
- Give back to your industry.
- Showcase your leadership.
- Develop a mutually beneficial relationship with your mentee.
- Receive acknowledgment from your association about your accomplishments as a CAR mentor.
- Mentors cannot recruit candidates in any capacity.
- Must conduct themselves with ethical and moral behavior and cannot have any history of being disciplined or fined.
- Must be a CAR member.
- Must have at least five years in the real estate industry.
- Must be able to commit to one to four hours per month for mentee advisement. The full mentorship commitment period is six months.
Why Become a Mentee?
- Learn about the business from someone who’s established in their career.
- Make important connections early on.
- Develop your leadership skills.
To apply to be a mentee, you must be either:
- A CAR Foundation Roadmap to REALTOR® recipient
- Primary CAR member within your first three years in the industry.