About The Chicago Association of REALTORS®
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® (CAR), the “Voice for Real Estate” in Chicago since 1883, represents over 17,000 members from all real estate specialties including commercial sales, development, property management, appraisal, auctions, and residential sales.
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® unites all facets of the industry as a leading advocate for real estate, driving REALTOR® business success and economic development of our communities.
Through the efforts of the Chicago Association of REALTORS®, members have expanded market opportunities, and businesses, both large and small, are thriving and committed to the revitalization of Chicagoland communities as healthy, vibrant and diverse places to live, work and play.
- Is the Voice for Real Estate™ in Chicago and the suburbs its members serve;
- Protects private property ownership and its associated rights;
- Commits to the highest standards of professional practice;
- Recognizes that there are business practice, specialty, market and cultural differences within the membership and is committed to respecting those differences;
- Governs and make decisions openly, inclusively and transparently;
- Manages association resources effectively, efficiently and transparently;
- Strives at all times to be a strategic, adaptive and innovative organization.
- To be a catalyst for member leadership and business development at every career stage.
- To be real estate’s premier source for professional development, with comprehensive, timely, accessible course offerings delivered through a variety of channels and in formats members prefer.
- To be the authoritative source and expert regarding real estate market data and trends for professionals and consumers.
OUTREACH & INFLUENCE
- To be the recognized voice of real estate in Chicago and fully engage the power and influence of our membership in shaping policy for positive change in our communities.
- To distinguish the REALTOR® brand as a community leader and the consumer’s trusted advisor in all things real estate.
- To be sought after as a strategic partner by real estate and community organizations to meet the housing and development needs of our communities.
CAR ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- To be a sound, efficient and sustainable organization with an active, engaged membership, and the resources and infrastructure to fulfill the Association’s goals and priorities.
Check out our strategic accomplishments from our 2018-2019 year.