Bring CAR To My Office
The CAR To You program is designed to bring your association directly to you. Whether you’re interested in hosting classes through our real estate school or bringing in a speaker on dues, association benefits and more, this program will help. Learn more and get started.
Change Email Address
To change your email address click the Member Login button to login and update your personal information. Your Logon ID is your six-digit C.A.R./MLS number. Your default password is the last four digits of your social security number. (We recommend that you change your password immediately after logging in by clicking on “Personal Information”.)
If a member wants to change the way their name is listed: The formal name we maintain in our database must match the name shown on the member’s real estate license. If a member wishes to change their name, they must first have their name changed on their license by contacting IDFPR. Once this has been done, they may send a copy of their updated license with instructions to change their name to us after completing this form and uploading it to our secure file site (https://www.ChicagoREALTOR.com/upload).
Visit the Member Login Section of our website to login and update your personal information.Your Logon ID is your six-digit C.A.R./MLS number. Your default password is the last four digits of your social security number. (We recommend that you change your password immediately after logging in by clicking on “Personal Information”.)
Contact the Chicagoland Apartment Association at 847-678-5717 or visit them online at www.caapts.org.
Members transferring to another REALTOR® association may request a Letter of Good Standing from C.A.R. to submit to the other association they are joining. The purpose of the letter is to have any portion of IR or N.A.R. dues a member has paid through C.A.R., as well as an initiation fee, waived by the other association. Requests must be in writing. Upload this form to the following to https://www.ChicagoREALTOR.com/upload.
Members may only be given a letter of good standing if they have paid all current membership dues to C.A.R.
Any licensing issue should be directed to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional regulation (IDFPR). Contact them at 800-560-6420 or visit them online at www.idfpr.com.
Managing brokers may view a list of brokers in their office by clicking the OFFICE ACCOUNT link in the MEMBER LOGIN Portion of the website. You can then view, print and/or pay each invoice in your office. In order to login follow these steps:
- Visit the Member Login section of our website.
- Your Logon ID is your six-digit C.A.R./MLS number.
- Your default password is the last four digits of your social security number. (We recommend that you change your password immediately after logging in by clicking on “Personal Information”.)
A REALTOR® Member who changes the conditions under which he or she holds membership shall provide written notification to the Membership Department of C.A.R. within five business days of such change. Please submit written notification to https://www.ChicagoREALTOR.com/upload.
A non-principal REALTOR® Member who becomes a principal in the firm with which he or she has been licensed or becomes a principal in a new firm comprised of REALTOR® principals, may be required to satisfy any previously unsatisfied membership requirements applicable to principal REALTOR® Members, provided that during the period of membership transition, the Member shall be subject to all of the privileges and obligations of a principal REALTOR® Member.
If the non-principal REALTOR® Member does not satisfy the requirements established in these By-laws for the category of membership to which they have transferred within five business days of the date the Member advises C.A.R. of the change in status, the Member’s new membership application shall terminate automatically unless otherwise so directed by the Board of Directors.
All applicants applying for REALTOR® membership for the first time shall not be finally declared elected to membership unless and until the applicant attends and completes an orientation program on the Code of Ethics of not less than two hours and thirty minutes of instructional time, in addition to other topics as may be identified by C.A.R. from time to time, within three consecutive scheduled orientation classes (except for applicants who are currently, or were within the immediately preceding year, a member of another REALTOR® board/association and can provide proof of completion of such orientation course). Failure to complete the orientation program within the time stated herein, shall result in the automatic termination of any provisional membership granted by the Membership Department pursuant to Subsection 7.3.B of these By-laws and of any membership granted by the Board of Directors pursuant to Subsection 7.3.C of these By-laws. Members may register for Orientation sessions via telephone. Click Here for a Orientation Schedule.
Members may have their C.A.R. membership password emailed to them by clicking MEMBER LOGIN on the top navigation bar. If the member has not logged on to the MEMBER LOGIN site before, their password is most likely the last four digits of their SSN. Members may change their passwords on their “Personal Information” page after logging on. This password is case sensitive.
A $50.00 processing fee will be applied to all refunds. C.A.R. will not refund a purchase less than $50.00.
Partial refunds of original charges are processed as follows: Refunds will be issued at 100% of the original purchase amount minus the $50.00 processing fee.
The following specific policies shall apply to refunds associated with revenue collected by C.A.R.:
- Application fees – Not refundable, as this is a cost for processing and reflects staff time and effort.
- Dues – Only refundable within five (5) business days, provided dues amounts have not been forwarded to IR and NAR via the monthly transmittal. If forwarded, only local dues are refundable. In the event of a double-payment, C.A.R. will refund the member.
- MLS Fees – MLS fees are refundable for months not used with a $50 cancellation fee. (Note: Brokers transferring to another association between billing cycles need to take this cost into consideration prior to their change in office affiliation.) In the event of a double-payment, C.A.R. will refund the member.
- Suggested Investments – A refund request made by a contributor within 30 days of the date his or her contribution is received will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Sentrilock Sales – All Sentrilock merchandise is non-refundable. This includes the Sentrilock subscription (including access to mobile app), card reader, Sentricard, and lockbox.
Refund claims must include:
- A purchase receipt
- The buyer’s mailing address, contact phone number, and email address
- A brief comment as to why the refund is requested
Returns for cash or check purchases will be issued a check from the Chicago Association of REALTORS® and mailed in 14 business days of the return. Items purchased with a credit card will be credited back to the original credit card used at the time of purchase. If the original credit card is not available for a credit, a written statement of the status of the card must be provided before a refund check will be issued.
- Sentrilock lockboxes are returnable only when defective. Sentrilock’s technical support must issue a ticket number and deem the lockbox defective. Please contact Sentrilock at 513-618-5800 for assistance with a defective lockbox.
- Opened Software
- Gift Certificates
- “Discontinued” or “Sale” items
- RPAC Contributions
Other Terms & Conditions:
- All returns are subject to C.A.R. approval
- C.A.R. reserves the right to refuse a return or exchange
- C.A.R. is not responsible for product typographical errors
No C.A.R. employee has the authority to vary any of the Chicago Association of REALTORS® store’s policies or the Terms and Conditions governing any sale.
Indebtedness: Resignations of Members shall become effective when received in writing (and uploaded to https://www.ChicagoREALTOR.com/upload) by the Board of Directors; provided, however, that if any resigning Member is indebted to C.A.R. for dues, fees, fines, or other assessments of C.A.R. or any of C.A.R.’s services, departments, divisions, or subsidiaries, the indebtedness shall survive any such resignation and the Board of Directors shall have the authority to condition the right of the resigning Member to reapply for membership upon payment in full of all such monies owed.
Pending Ethics or Arbitration Matter: If a Member resigns from C.A.R. or otherwise causes membership to terminate with an ethics complaint pending, that Board of Directors may condition the right of the resigning Member to reapply for membership upon the applicant’s certification that he/she will submit to the pending ethics proceeding and will abide by the decision of the hearing panel. If a Member resigns from C.A.R. or otherwise causes membership to terminate, the duty to submit to arbitration continues in effect even after membership lapses or is terminated, provided that the dispute arose while the former member was a REALTOR®.
If dues, fees, fines or other assessments, including amounts owed to C.A.R. or C.A.R. / MLS, are not paid by the due date, the non-paying Member shall be subject to suspension by the Membership Department. You may make your payment online. Please note, it will take up to 2 business hours for your MLS access to be restored. If you have been suspended please contact our Member Care department at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 312-803-4900.
Contact the Rent Right hotline at 312-742-7368.
If dues, fees, fines, or other assessments including amounts owed to C.A.R. or C.A.R. / MLS, are not paid within 60 days after the due date, the membership of the non-paying Member shall automatically terminate. All invoices are due upon receipt.
If a broker, managing broker or leasing agent has terminated employment with your office, you MUST do the following:
- Sign, date and enter your broker license number on the broker’s terminated license.
- Fax the signed off license to the Department of Financial & Professional Regulation at 217-782-3390.
- Submit the signed off license to the Chicago Association of REALTORS Membership Department via https://www.ChicagoREALTOR.com/upload.
- Keep a copy of the signed off license for your Managing Broker records.
- Give the ORIGINAL license to the licensee. NOTE: Failure of the sponsoring broker to endorse and return the license upon demand may subject the sponsoring or managing broker to IDFPR discipline. The reason for this is IDFPR has complete jurisdiction over each license. However, the endorsement should not preclude either the sponsoring broker or sponsored licensee from pursuing any right or obligation pursuant the terms of the written employment agreement, or pursuant to any other civil remedy. See Section 5-40(b) of the Act and Rule 1450.75.
If you are unable to provide a copy of the terminated license, you MUST:
- Fax a written termination (on company letterhead) to the Department of Financial & Professional Regulation at 217-782-3390 which includes:
a. The legal name and office license number of the sponsoring FIRM. This number can be found in any of your sponsored agent licenses.
- b. The sponsoring Brokers full name and broker license number (NOT your broker license #).
- c. The full LEGAL Name of the licensee being terminated.
- d. The license number of the licensee being terminated (See note below). e. Date of sponsorship termination.
- Submit a copy of this letter to the Chicago Association of REALTORS Membership Department via https://www.ChicagoREALTOR.com/upload.
- Provide a copy of the letter to the licensee.
- Keep a copy of the letter for your records.
NOTE: If you do not have the license # include the licensee social security number. You probably had this # for the licensee’s annual 1099 form. You will also need to include a brief statement as to why you no longer have the license.
In most cases, the managing broker of the office will be responsible for the endorsement required of the sponsoring broker. However, in the event the managing broker is unavailable, any broker authorized to sign on behalf of the sponsoring broker may provide the endorsement. Either the sponsoring broker or the sponsored licensee may demand the endorsement of the licensee.
In order to transfer from one office to another, please download and complete the Transfer Notification form. Once you have completed the form please return the form, a copy of your 45-day sponsor card, and your $50 payment in one of the following ways:
- Submit the completed form, copy of your 45-day sponsor card and $50 Visa, MasterCard or American Express payment via https://www.ChicagoREALTOR.com/upload
- Drop off completed form, copy of your 45-day sponsor card and $50 check, money order or credit card payment to one of our 4 full-service locations.
- Mail in completed form, copy of your 45 day sponsor card and $50 check or money order made payable to:
Chicago Association of REALTORS®
Attn: Membership Department
430 N. Michigan Ave Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60611