Buying and selling a home is a significant milestone for many Chicagoans – one that encompasses the hopes, dreams, aspirations and economic destiny of those involved.
April 2017 marks the 49th anniversary of the 1968 landmark Fair Housing Act. Fair Housing Month is an opportunity to reaffirm our commitment to upholding fair housing law as well as our commitment to offering equal professional service to all in their search for real property. Serving clients without regard to race, creed, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or nationality benefits every agent’s bottom line.
How can you show your support for Fair Housing?
- Download and share the 2017 Fair Housing Poster.
- Print a copy of the REALTOR Fair Housing Declaration and post it in your office.
- Ensure you know everything you should know about Fair Housing, including key laws and your responsibilities to homebuyers and sellers.
- Learn about HUD’s Fair Housing Initiatives Program.
- Share resources from NAR’s Field Guide to Fair Housing, and be familiar with the Field Guide to Complying with the ADA.