Our industry partner, the Asian Real Estate Association of America’s (AREAA), has released its annual State of Asia America report. This report provides a snapshot of what homeownership looks like for Asian and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) in the United States.
The report includes the following findings for the United States as a whole:
- The estimated population of AAPIs is over 19 million, which is up 25% since 2010 and makes up about 5.8% of the total U.S. population.
- The total Asian American housing rate is 57.6% and Pacific Islander housing rate is 42.3%
It also includes the following findings for Asian and Pacific Islanders in the Chicago area:
- The top metropolitan statistical areas for AAPIs in the midwest is the Chicago, Naperville, Elgin area where:
- 6.9% of the population is AAPI
- 24% of AAPIs were mortgage ready in 2018