REALTORS® Property Resource® (RPR) is offering a new data set integration with ClimateCheck®, a tech startup that combines real estate, science and technology experience to help homeowners mitigate climate risks. You can find ClimateCheck in the Additional Resources section of any RPR Property Details page. Remember, RPR is a free REALTOR® benefit for all members of the National Association of REALTORS®.
Here’s what you can expect from this new feature:
- ClimateCheck, which rates a property’s future risk of climate change-related hazards and assigns a rating from 1 to 100, with 100 representing the highest risk.
- The future date is the year 2050 — a period within the lifespan of a 30-year mortgage signed today.
- Ratings displayed in a climate change risk snapshot for each of the five hazards rated: drought, fire, storm, heat and flood.
- Ratings available for on and off-market residential and commercial properties.
- Ability to click through to the ClimateCheck website to get a climate rating focused property report, which can then be emailed or printed to share with clients.