Finding New Construction OptionsSolution:
- When searching on the MLS, expand the scope of your search and reach out to agents who have current or recent new construction listings. Many developers only post a small sampling of units.
- Reach out to listing agents with strong developer ties as they may have information on future projects that have not been announced.
- If your brokerage specializes in new construction, reach out to your Managing Broker and follow posts on your internal app to track new projects. Know someone at a firm specializing in new construction? Ask for their help!
- Follow the breadcrumbs! Drive around and look for potential sites, reach out to the selling agent on recent teardown sales, and research recent permit requests. This is a labor-intensive approach, but if your client knows where they want to be and inventory is scarce, this is your opportunity to get them on the inside track.
Visualizing Room Dimensions and LayoutsSolution: Visit open houses and schedule showings at properties with comparable layouts and room sizes to help your buyer gauge the flow.
Visualizing The Finished ProductSolution:
- If the developer has recently completed a similar project, ask for photos. Even better: request a showing.
- Request renderings and ask to see samples of the cabinetry, tile, counters, and flooring options.
- If the buyer can choose their own finishes, encourage them to explore showrooms at the Merchandise Mart and to browse Houzz.com for design ideas.