THE LITTLE BLACK BOOKBack in 2015, I realized I was spending a significant amount of time each day responding to client inquiries for referrals for plumbers, painters, contractors, attorneys, inspectors and lenders — all the resources that relate to buying or selling a home. I was also fielding requests for other services and recommendations, like:
- Where should we go for a romantic dinner?
- Where can I get a wedding dress altered?
- My family and I want to visit Logan Square. Can you recommend a favorite bar or restaurant?
- Sorry to bother you at 11 PM on a Friday night, but our furnace isn’t working and it’s 30 degrees out. Help!
- Hey Deb, saw your post about your friend’s new restaurant opening in the West Loop. Can you help me with a reservation?