- Deadline: June 29 (or July 10 with a $25 late fee)
- Categories Accepted:
- Residential New Construction
- Residential Renovation
- Commercial New Construction
- Commercial Renovation
- Mixed-Use New Construction
- Mixed-Use Renovation
*Only completed nomination forms will be considered. Incomplete forms will be disqualified.
- Properties must be nominated using the online form. Hard copies will not be accepted. Review the property judging criteria here.
- Completed nomination forms must be received by Monday, June 29.
- Only code-compliant nominations will be accepted.
- Work must have been completed no more than 24 months (two years) prior to June 29, 2017, excluding commercial properties. Exceptions may include cosmetic work in progress by an individual unit owner.
- Determine if your property type is renovated or new construction and follow the guidelines below:
- For renovated properties: submit a maximum of six (6) photos of each nominated property from various perspectives – three of the site “before” and three “after” renovation.
- For new construction: a maximum of three (3) photos. “Before” photos not required for new construction properties.
- At least one photo must be an exterior shot of the project after its completion.
- All photos should be either 4 inches x 6 inches or 6 inches x 4 inches. Photos MUST be submitted in a high-resolution JPEG (.jpg) or GIF (.gif) electronic file format saved at 300 dpi.
- Label each photo with the property’s address and indicate if it is before or after the project’s completion.
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the property’s address and “CCIA nomination photos” in the subject line. Hard copies of photos will be accepted, but will not be returned.
Important: Photos submitted with each nomination must include at least one photo of the completed property’s exterior or finished interior. Award-winning nominations will receive a plaque that displays a photo of the property. For renovated properties, this can be one of the three “after” construction photos. This photo should best illustrate the nature of your project and must be suitable for reproduction on an award plaque and in other marketing materials in the event the property is a winner.
Please Note: For a nominal fee, major photo processing centers (Walgreens, CVS, etc.) will scan an original print, convert it to a JPEG file and save it a jump drive for your use.
- Nominations can include most any type of property that falls into a wide range of project categories, including: new construction, rehabilitation, restoration/historic preservation or green/LEED certified.
- Each nominated property must include a narrative (100 words max) detailing the owner’s improvements to the property. Do not submit sales brochures. Use the narrative to detail the project’s positive community impact and additional information significant to the Chicagoland Community Impact Awards.
- Also use the narrative and photography to demonstrate how property developers went “above and beyond” to complete an exceptional project. Detail specific property improvements.
- At least one reference who lives near the property and can attest to its community value (alderman, tenants, neighbors, etc.) is required.
- The strongest nominations include testimonial letters from neighbors, community groups and/or elected officials that describe how the property has made a positive difference to its neighborhood.
- Extra points will be awarded for testimonials and videos (optional). Testimonials/videos may be emailed (email@example.com) or mailed to 2017 CCIA Awards, Chicago Association of REALTORS®, 430 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60611.
- You’ve worked hard on your property. Use your nomination to brag! Emphasize how developers overcame any unique challenges, used new or green technology, and/or realized a pioneering vision.