NAR’S GREEN DESIGNATION
NAR’s Green Designation provides advanced training in green building and sustainable business practices so that you can seek out, understand, and market properties with green features.
It is the only NAR-recognized real estate designation designed for agents looking to learn about issues of energy efficiency and sustainability in the various facets of real estate. As consumer demand for knowledge on these issues increases, so will your awareness of green issues.
This course is being offered at a discounted rate due to sponsorship from the Illinois Home Performance program. This program is funded by ComEd, Nicor Gas, Peoples Gas and North Shore Gas in compliance with Illinois law. Terms and conditions apply.
NAR Green Day 1:
The Resource-Efficient Home – Retrofits, Remodels, Renovations & New Home Construction
Day 1 covers the distinguishing characteristics that make a home resource-thrifty. You will look at:
- why consumer demand for these types of homes is increasing
- how both the homes and consumer expectations impact the market
- how to define and distinguish resource-efficient home features, “smart” homes and smart home technology, and certified homes
- advice and information to help homeowners improve the resource efficiency of their homes
You will also discuss the cost-benefits of retrofitting vs. remodeling vs. renovating.
NAR Green Day 2:
Representing Buyers and Sellers of Resource-Efficient Homes
Day 2 focuses on applying your knowledge of resource-efficient, smart, and certified homes so that you can adapt your core real estate skills to build business success in this niche market.
You will discuss:
- the changes in consumer motivations around resource-efficient homes
- how the sum of many small environmentally-conscious preferences has led to a big shift in societal home-buying behaviors
- the interrelationships between green lifestyles and values— such as affordability and walkability
- the impact that green housing trends have had on the MLS and on the activities of marketing, listing, finding, and buying resource-efficient homes
Wrap up the final day by addressing real estate business development issues important to the green real estate professional.
Benefits You’ll Gain:
- Access to customizable members-only marketing tools to help you build your business and gain a competitive edge
- A comprehensive understanding of what it means to go green and the concerns of consumers seeking green knowledge about real estate
- Valuable real estate education that differentiates your market focus and broadens your abilities in the eyes your clients, prospective clients and associates
- Real estate practices to bring great value to the design and build teams during construction of new, resource-efficient homes
- Ongoing specialized training and exclusive designation benefits and resources that help you stay on top of green real estate issues and trends
To obtain and use NAR’s Green Designation, three (3) requirements must be fulfilled:
- Complete the following courses and pass each exam with a score of 80 percent or higher;
- NAR Green Day 1: The Resource-Efficient Home – Retrofits, Remodels, Renovations, and New Home Construction
- NAR Green Day 2: Representing Buyers and Sellers of Resource-Efficient Home
- Submit the member application for NAR’s Green Designation with proof of completion for all course requirements and proof of your REALTOR® membership.
- Maintain active and good membership status with the Green REsource Council and the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Application fee: $0
- Annual Green membership renewal fee: $98.50