RESORT & SECOND-HOME PROPERTY SPECIALIST (RSPS)
Resort & Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS)
This one-day core course focuses on the knowledge and skill base that real estate professionals need to specialize in buying, selling, or managing second homes in a resort, recreational, and/or vacation destination and properties for investment, development, or retirement.
The resort and second-home market differs in a number of ways from primary residential market. Buyer interest ranges from small, rustic getaways to luxury properties, and includes an international clientele and the investment and retirement markets.
Buying, selling, or managing second homes in a resort, recreational, and/or vacation destination requires understanding of the recreation and lifestyle market, tax treatment of vacation and second homes, and real estate investment.
Time: 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Tuition (No CE):
Members – $130 | Non-Members – $145
|TBA||CAR | 430 N Michigan|
- $55 Member | $65 Non-member
In order to audit this course you must be a current member in good standing with the National Association of REALTORS®. You must have already received the designation or certification to be eligible.
Audit registration may not be completed online. To audit a course, please complete the registration form.
- Skills and knowledge foundation
- Resort and second-home customers, clients, and properties
- Working with affluent or international buyers and sellers
- Building your business
- Overcoming bad publicity and disasters
- Tax and investment
- Regulatory matters
- Successfully complete the Home Sweet (Second) Home: Vacation, Investment, Luxury Properties course
- Watch three free one-hour webinars.
- Pass the exam at the end of the Resort and Second-Home Markets course with an 80% or better score
- Member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- Complete the online application
Find more requirement info here: How to Pursue RSPS Certification.