Member Maintenance Forms | Chicago Association of REALTORS®


In order to download these forms Adobe Reader is required.

Download Adobe Reader for free here.

Auto-Pay Credit Card Participation Agreement

By submitting this form your credit card will continue to be billed for Membership dues and MLS fees as long as you hold membership with the Chicago Association of REALTORS®. In order to cancel this Auto-Pay agreement you must submit a request to the Member Care Department via e-mail at Upon cancellation any amounts already charged to your credit card cannot be reversed.

Change Email Address

Please give us a call to update your email address at 312-803-4900.

Change Phone Number

To change your email address click the Member Login tab on our home page. Login in to our Internet Member Services section. Your Logon ID is your six-digit C.A.R./MRED number. Your default password is the last four digits of your social security number. (If this is your first visit, we recommend you change your password immediately after logging in by clicking on “Personal Information”.) Once you have logged in, Click “Personal Information”.

Change Your Home Address

If you wish to change your home address, please complete the Personal Name Change Request Form and submit it to the Member Care Department via our secure file upload site: Next, change your address with the Licensing Agency. Visit their website to download their “Address Change Form”.

Change Your Name

The formal name we maintain in our database must match the name shown on your real estate license. If you wish to change your name, you must first change it with the Licensing Agency; they will forward a new license to you. You will need to send documentary proof to the Licensing Agency (i.e., certifed or photocopy of a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order). Visit their website to download their “Address Change Form”. this form is also used for name changes. Once the Licensing Agency records have been changed and you receive your new real estate license, please upload the completed Personal Name Change Request Form along with a copy of your new license to our secure file upload site: for our Member Care Department to review.

Change the Name/Address of Your Firm

Click on the link provided to obtain a C.A.R. Firm Name Change Request Form. Only Responsible Managing Brokers can change firm information and copies of DBA or corporate license must be submitted if changing firm Name. You can also use this form to update the firm address.

Letter of Good Standing Requests

Click on the link provided to obtain a Letter of Good Standing Request Form. Members transferring to another REALTOR® association may request a Letter of Good Standing from C.A.R. to submit to the other association they are joining. The purpose of the Letter of Good Standing is to have any portion of IR or N.A.R. dues you have already paid through C.A.R., as well as an initiation fee, waived by the other association. Members will only be given a Letter of Good Standing if they have paid all current membership dues and fees to C.A.R./MRED. All requests for Letter of Good Standing must be in writing.

Transfer a Broker to Another Office

To transfer a broker from one C.A.R. office to another C.A.R. office, download and complete a CAR Member Transfer Notification Request Form. Once completed, the form may uploaded to our secure site ( or mailed as directed along with the broker’s signed off license, a copy of the 45 day sponsor card, and the $50 transfer fee payment.

Transfer Primary Membership of an Office

To transfer Primary Membership of an Office download a Request to Transfer the Primary Membership of an Entire Office Form. Complete the form and upload it via our secure site ( or mail it as directed.

Terminate a Broker

In order to terminate (or drop) a broker, download our Terminate a Broker Request Form, then follow the steps below:

Step One

    1. Sign the license of the sponsored licensee, write “terminated,” and mark the date of the termination on the license.
    2. Submit a copy of the signed/terminated license to the licensing agency within 2 business days after termination.
    3. We highly recommend you send the copy via overnight delivery (signature required) to the following address. Keep a copy of the overnight delivery receipt.

Department of Financial and Professional Regulation

320 West Washington Street, 3rd Floor

Springfield, Illinois 62786

Note: If the terminated license is not property received by IDFPR the licensee WILL NOT be dropped from your C.A.R. sponsorship and you will continue to be responsible for paying their “non-member licensee fees”.

  1. Or you may fax the information to 217.782.3390; keep a copy of your “fax received” confirmation.
  2. Retain a copy of the endorsed license and your IDFPR delivery receipt for a minimum of one year or at least until the next renewal date.
  3. Give the original endorsed license to the licensee.

Step Two

  1. C.A.R. must have a copy of either the signed-off license (or a letter from the managing broker on company letterhead) in order to remove the broker from the C.A.R. office roster. Submit a copy of the signed/terminated license along with a copy of either your overnight delivery or “fax received” confirmation to C.A.R.’s secure upload site (  within 2 business days after termination.

In most cases, the managing broker of the office will be responsible for the endorsement required of the sponsoring broker. However, in the event the managing broker is unavailable, any broker authorized to sign on behalf of the sponsoring broker may provide the endorsement. Either the sponsoring broker or the sponsored licensee may demand the endorsement of the licensee. Failure of the sponsoring broker to endorse the license upon demand may subject the sponsoring broker (or managing broker) to discipline. The reason for this is IDFPR has complete jurisdiction over each license. However, the endorsement should not preclude either the sponsoring broker or sponsored licensee from pursuing any right or obligation pursuant the terms of the written employment agreement, or pursuant to any other civil remedy. See Section 5-40(b) of the Act and Rule 1450.75

Terminating a Managing Broker

Click here to obtain a Terminate a Managing Broker Request Form. In order to terminate a Managing Broker, the Managing Broker should:

  1. Sign their license, indicate “terminated,” and mark the date of the termination.
  2. Upload a copy of the endorsed license to C.A.R.’s secure site (
  3. Retain a copy of the endorsed license at least until the next renewal date
  4. Submit a copy of the endorsed license to the licensing agency within 2 business days after termination by “signature required mail delivery”.

Changes in Managing Brokers

If a managing broker of an office is being replaced by someone else:

  1. The office must contact the Licensing Agency to make the changes on the office’s license as well as on the licenses of the individuals involved.
  2. The new managing broker must submit a copy of the licenses (office and managing broker) to C.A.R. in order to be assigned as the managing broker of the office as well as notify C.A.R. of the status of the outgoing managing broker.
  3. If the outgoing managing broker will remain with the office, C.A.R. will reassign them as a broker.
  4. If the outgoing managing broker is leaving the office altogether, the new managing broker must submit a termination notice for the outgoing managing broker (see Terminating A Managing Broker Sponsorship above). If the incoming managing broker is not currently a member of C.A.R., the must submit a new member application and pay applicable dues. An MLS Participation Agreement and the MLS start-up fee would not be required of a new managing broker taking over an existing office. (NOTE: All the appropriate forms necessary to make these changes are available on our website.)

Personal Assistant / Secretary ID Request

Only Managing Brokers can request a personal assistant or secretary MLS ID. Complete this form in its entirety and upload it to our secure site ( for our Member Care Department. Once processed, the personal assistant/secretary will receive an email from MRED with their login information.