Understanding the system for evictions in Cook County is key for the process to work. The following links provide critical information for your clients’ use.
- The Cook County sheriff has put together a FAQ regarding the eviction procedure. Check it out. The guide covers:
- Filing with the Sheriff
- Day-of eviction processes
- Cancellations, Delays and Re-Scheduling
- For day-of problems, please contact this email address as soon as the problem arises. Problems could include:
- Sheriff failing to enforce an order or misinterpreting an order
- Sheriff failing to show up
- Extenuating factors which will make the eviction more difficult to enforce, i.e. evictee has medical equipment, is in need of social services, etc.