Cook County Zoning Rules Change

Take note of new rules for sellers of property in unincorporated Cook County that go into effect on Saturday, March 21. The seller must apply to the Cook County building commissioner for a Zoning Use Certificate before the sale of any property in unincorporated Cook County. The new rule excludes condominium or coop units. This will help ensure that all parties in a real estate transaction have knowledge of the zoning and permitted use. IAR has more details.