SENIORS REAL ESTATE SPECIALIST DESIGNATION COURSE
The Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) designation is for REALTORS® who want to be able to meet the special needs of maturing Americans when selling, buying, relocating, or refinancing residential or investment properties.
By earning the SRES® designation, you will be prepared to approach mature clients with the best options and information for them to make life-changing decisions.
Click on the date to register for the course.
Tuition: CAR Members: $280 | Non-Members: $305
|5/15/23 – 5/18/23
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
8 Hours Elective CE
Also, meet your instructor, Furhad Waquad.
Date(s) don’t work with your schedule? Take the self-paced virtual class by following the link below.Online Course
You Will Learn How To:
- Learn distinguishing characteristics and trends of the senior market so that you can discern them in your own market area.
- Evaluate your market area attractiveness to the senior market.
- Develop business-building outreach methods for communicating and gaining senior market share.
- Master the vocabulary of the range of housing options for the senior market.
- Adapt methods for counseling mature buyer and sellers.
- Stay focused on the transaction and avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters.
- Develop sensitivities to aging issues and priorities when counseling buyers and sellers, showing properties and managing transactions.
- Recognize how a home can be adapted for safety, comfort, and aging in place.
- Help clients integrate disposition of real property into estate plans.
- Learn the application of federal laws for Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA).
- Develop services that win and sustain client and customer relationships and position you as a trusted real estate advisor.
- Assemble a team of experts to help you serve senior clients and customers.
- Learn about the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages.
- Learn about uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions.
- Gain an understanding of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact senior real estate decisions.
- Recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize senior borrowers.
- Identify key life stages, viewpoints, and transitions in relation to housing choices.
Earning Your SRES Designation Requirements
Learn more about earning your SRES Designation:
- Application fee: $0
- Annual SRES membership renewal fees: $99