SENIORS REAL ESTATE SPECIALIST DESIGNATION COURSE
The Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) designation is for REALTORS® who want to be able to meet the special needs of maturing Americans when selling, buying, relocating, or refinancing residential or investment properties.
By earning the SRES® designation, you will be prepared to approach mature clients with the best options and information for them to make life-changing decisions.
You Will Learn How To:
- Learn distinguishing characteristics and trends of the senior market so that you can discern them in your own market area.
- Evaluate your market area attractiveness to the senior market.
- Develop business-building outreach methods for communicating and gaining senior market share.
WORK WITH FAMILIES:
- Master the vocabulary of the range of housing options for the senior market.
- Adapt methods for counseling mature buyer and sellers.
- Stay focused on the transaction and avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters.
- Develop sensitivities to aging issues and priorities when counseling buyers and sellers, showing properties and managing transactions.
- Recognize how a home can be adapted for safety, comfort, and aging in place.
- Help clients integrate disposition of real property into estate plans.
NETWORK WITH RESOURCES:
- Learn the application of federal laws for Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA).
- Develop services that win and sustain client and customer relationships and position you as a trusted real estate advisor.
- Assemble a team of experts to help you serve senior clients and customers.
- Learn about the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages.
- Learn about uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions.
- Gain an understanding of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact senior real estate decisions.
- Recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize senior borrowers.
- Identify key life stages, viewpoints, and transitions in relation to housing choices.
Requirements & Additional Costs
Learn more about earning your SRES Designation:
- Application fee: $0
- Annual SRES membership renewal fees: $99
- $125 Member | $135 Non-member
In order to audit this course, you must be a current member in good standing with the National Association of REALTORS®. You must have already received the designation or certification to be eligible. Audit registration may not be completed online. To audit a course, please complete the registration form.