November is Homebuyers and Sellers Month. Make sure you understand what your clients are looking for, and that you have the resources to assist them through their buying or selling process.
Get to Know the Average Homebuyer & Seller
Each year, NAR releases an annual Homebuyers and Sellers report, which looks at the characteristics and demographics of buyers and seller, as well their use of real estate professional during the process. Check out the 2020 report here, and get to know the average buyer and seller in the infographic below.
Resources for Every Step of the Homeownership Journey: BuySellOwnChicago.com
A vital part of creating a healthy housing market is empowering homebuyers, sellers and owners to be as well informed as possible. BuySellOwnChicago.com, our new consumer website, allows you to do just that, giving you the tools and content you need to be a trusted advisor for your clients, housing all the information they may need for every step of the process. Common questions that come up during the transaction are broken down into easily consumable material, from articles to infographics and a variety of other shareable content.
Check out what’s available on the site and start sharing the content with your clients!
Courses To Strengthen Your Buyers & Sellers Expertise
Our affiliated school, the REALTORS® Real Estate School, offers two courses, one focusing on buyers and the other sellers, to strengthen your skills and expertise.
This is designed for those who focus on working directly with buyer clients. This class will give you the tools to:
- Hone your craft in representing the needs of homebuyers
- Better prioritize and strategize your buyer representation business
- Build confidence in expertise
This is the premier course for seller representation. This class will give you the tools to:
- Hone your strategy and systems when representing sellers
- Build confidence in your expertise
- Increase your professionalism in the transaction process
Looking for other resources to read, watch or listen to related to homebuying and selling? We’ve got you covered!
- A Guide to Short Sales & Foreclosure Transactions
- Hit a Listing Home Run
- How to Navigate Multiple Offers
- Nine Ways to Be Your Clients’ Best Resource and Take Your Listings to the Next Level
- Your Guide to Homeownership Assistance Grants, Loans & Programs
- YPN Breakfast: Buyer Representation Panel
- YPN Breakfast: Listing Advice Panel
- YPN Breakfast: Objection Handling