ESSENTIALS OF PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
The most cost-effective way to preserve residential properties is through proper management and preventive maintenance techniques. This program helps building owners and managers be more effective at their jobs. Additionally, it will help foster ethical and legal practices in residential property management.
IMPORTANT WEBINAR INFORMATION
You must log-in to your webinar course via your computer or the iPhone/iPad/Android app. Webinar classes have a live instructor and live class discussion, just like a physical classroom, but unlike Skype, Zoom or FaceTime, the only face everyone will see is the instructor’s. You must stay signed on the entire time to receive course credit. Have questions or experiencing issues? Check out our FAQ page. FAQ Page Download the App
The two-day Essentials of Property Management Training will cover:
Marketing and Tenant Selection
- Learn the basics necessary to prepare, advertise, show and lease-up vacant residential property. We’ll discuss how to qualify an applicant and perform a background check, including credit history and previous landlord history.
Routine and Preventive Maintenance
- Learn how to develop the systems necessary to provide routine and on-going preventive maintenance for a building and its systems. Choosing a contractor will also be discussed.
Fair Housing Laws
- Learn Fair Housing laws and other information to ensure compliance.
- Learn everything from preparation of the “Notice to Terminate” to “What to Expect When You Go to Court,” including lease violations and grounds for evictions.
- Learn the laws covering illegal activity (drugs, gangs, prostitution) within and around the residential property and how they affect the owner and the renter.
Residential Landlord and Tenant Ordinance
- The Tenant Bill of Rights and the Rules for Landlord and Tenant will be discussed.
The Ins and Outs of the Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
- This will cover real answers to common misconceptions about the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Rental Assistance Program.
The Essentials of Property Management certificate program is not affiliated with or endorsed by the National Association of REALTORS®.