HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP
The Higher Education Scholarship is available to REALTORS® and CommercialForum subscribers or their immediate family members. Scholarship awards are based on the applicant’s indication of interest in pursuing a career in the real estate industry and letters of recommendation. All applicants must be a resident of the State of Illinois. Chicago Associations of REALTORS® Officers, Directors and employees, and Chicago Association of REALTORS® Foundation Officers and Trustees may not apply for this scholarship.
- Must be a high school senior, have a GED or high school diploma or be currently enrolled at a higher education institution at the time of application
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of funding
- Must be attending a 2 – 4 year accredited school in the State of Illinois and enrolled in a program of Real Estate or business study/focus
- Applicant, or the immediate family member of the applicant, must be a REALTOR® member in good standing for at least one (1) year
- One of the two letters of recommendations must come from a faculty advisor at the institution of higher learning, high school guidance counselor or teacher.
- With any application for a Higher Education scholarship request of $750 or more, the applicant is required to submit a 500-word essay outlining future plans for his/her career in real estate. The applicant might be invited to attend an upcoming Trustee meeting to discuss future career plans as part of the application process.
- All award amounts are at the discretion of the Foundation Trustees
- All funds will be directly paid to the institution.
- Colleges and Universities that offer Real Estate Programs
How to Apply
Questions may be directed to CARfoundation@chicagorealtor.com
Please note, the quarterly deadlines to apply for the fiscal year 2022 year are:
December 1st, 2022
March 1st, 2023
May 1st, 2023
July 1st, 2023