HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP
The Higher Education Scholarship is available to REALTORS® and CommercialForum subscribers or their immediate family members. Scholarship awards are based on the applicant’s indication of interest in pursuing a career in the real estate industry and letters of recommendation. All applicants must be a resident of the State of Illinois. Chicago Associations of REALTORS® Officers, Directors and employees, and Chicago Association of REALTORS® Foundation Officers and Trustees may not apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship applications will only be accepted if received prior to the completion of the course for which the scholarship is requested.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED at the time of application
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of funding
- Must be attending a 2 – 4 year accredited school in the State of Illinois and enrolled in a program of Real Estate study/focus
- Applicant, or the immediate family member of the applicant, must be a REALTOR® member or CommercialForum subscriber of the Chicago Association of REALTORS® in good standing for at least one (1) year
- Any application for a Higher Education scholarship must include a letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor at the institution of higher learning.
- With any application for a Higher Education scholarship request of $750 or more, the applicant is required to submit a 500-word essay outlining future plans for his/her career in real estate. The applicant will also be invited to attend an upcoming Trustee meeting to discuss future career plans in real estate as part of the application process.
- All award amounts are at the discretion of the Foundation Trustees
- $1500-$4000 paid directly to the institution
- Colleges and Universities that offer Real Estate Programs
How to Apply
Questions may be directed to CARfoundation@chicagorealtor.com
Please note, the quarterly deadlines to apply for the fiscal year 2021 are: