The CAR Foundation Pre-License Study Scholarship awards are based on the applicant’s indication of interest in pursuing a career in the real estate industry and letters of recommendation. All applicants must be a resident of the State of Illinois. Chicago Associations of REALTORS® Officers, Directors and employees, and Chicago Association of REALTORS® Foundation Officers and Trustees may not apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship applications will only be accepted if received prior to the completion of the course for which the scholarship is requested.
Ten students will be accepted per quarter (January, April, July and September), for a total of 40 students per year.
- The candidate will have three months to obtain their real estate license.
- Candidate must become a CAR member to receive reimbursement.
- The reimbursement scholarship will be up to $700 per successful candidate.
- Each candidate must include two letters of recommendation. One of the two letters must be from a CAR member with at least 18 months experience in the industry. If you do not have your second letter signed by a CAR member at the time of the application, you must submit the letter within 3 months of your scholarship approval date in order to receive your reimbursement.
Questions may be directed to CARfoundation@chicagorealtor.com.
Please note, the quarterly deadlines to apply are:
- SPRING: March 1st, 2024
- SUMMER: May 1st, 2024
- FALL: July 1st, 2024
- WINTER: December 1st, 2024