ZEKE MORRIS SCHOLARSHIPS
Zeke Morris is a 2011-2013 CAR Past President and will be the first black President of Illinois REALTORS® in 2022. This fund provides higher education to college students or pre-license study for aspiring REALTORS® as well as post-license study for C.A.R. members at the REALTORS® Real Estate School. Scholarship funds are awarded to individuals who support stabilization and economic development efforts on the south and west sides of Chicago.
Scholarship applications will only be accepted if received prior to the completion of the course for which the scholarship is requested.
Please note that all scholarships are applicable to classroom, self-study, or webinar courses only.
The quarterly deadlines to apply for the fiscal year 2021 year are:
December 13th, 2021 & February 15th, 2022
April 15th, 2022
June 15th, 2022
August 15th, 2022
Scholarship Requirements – Higher Education
Must have a High School diploma or GED at the time of application
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of funding
- Be a permanent resident of Illinois
- Must be attending a 2 – 4 year accredited school in the State of Illinois and enrolled in a program of Real Estate or business study/focus
- Applicant, or the immediate family member of the applicant, must be a REALTOR® member in good standing for at least one (1) year
- Any application for a Higher Education scholarship must include two letters of recommendation. One of the two letters of recommendation must come from a faculty advisor at the institution of higher learning or high school guidance counselor or teacher.
- 250-300 word essay explaining how your personal contributions have had a positive impact on your community.
- All award amounts are at the discretion of the Foundation Trustees
- All funds will be directly paid to the institution
- Fill out and submit a Higher Education application form by clicking here.
Scholarship Requirements – Pre License Study
Approved recipients for the Zeke Morris pre-license scholarship will receive full reimbursement for the cost of the pre-licensing course upon joining CAR as a REALTOR® member.
- Must meet current minimum Illinois licensing standards
- Must submit fully completed application for consideration
- Valid only for the RRES pre-licensing programs
- 250-300 word essay explaining how you have fostered housing market stabilization and economic development efforts or made an impact within your south or west side community.
- Include a link to a 60-90 second video on “Why do you want to be a REALTOR®?”
- Fill out and submit a Pre-License Study application form by clicking here.
Scholarship Requirements – Post License Study
- Must meet current minimum Illinois licensing standards.
- Must be a member of the Chicago Association of REALTORS® or CommercialForum subscriber in good standing for a minimum of 1 year.
- Valid only for the RRES post-licensing programs that are eligible for Illinois continuing education credits.
- 250-300 word essay explaining how you have fostered housing market stabilization and economic development efforts in your community.
- Fill out and submit a Post-License Study application form by clicking here.
Questions or concerns regarding your application can be directed to CARfoundation@chicagorealtor.com.