AT HOME WITH DIVERSITY (AHWD)
At Home with Diversity (AHWD)
The At Home With Diversity® course is part of a comprehensive cultural diversity outreach program founded by the National Association of REALTORS® and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to certify real estate professionals who have made a commitment to a set of diversity principles.
AHWD training is built on the letter and spirit of the Fair Housing Act. It provides participants with tools to build diversity outreach into their business plans to best serve a dynamic and growing market as well as improve the industry’s ability to serve culturally diverse consumers.
The At Home With Diversity Course teaches REALTORS® how to:
- Assess and understand attributes of diversity in local markets and their impact on the real estate industry
- Understand basic competencies to earn the confidence of potential buyers and sellers, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, handicaps, familial status, or national origin
- Build a business plan that minimizes risk and successfully services all types of clients
- Take the AHWD course and pass the final exam.
- Be an active NAR member in good standing.
- Submit the AHWD certification application form and fee to NAR.
- Additional costs: $75 application fee
Find more requirement info here: How to Pursue AHWD Certification.