Green homes sell faster and for more money than homes without energy-efficient features.
Eighty percent of consumers say they would pay more for a home with affordable, predictable energy bills. Fortunately, high-performing features that reduce energy costs are found in millions of US homes. Unfortunately, many buyers and sellers do not understand these features and may not know they exist in a home. REALTORS who can help their clients navigate the high performing features, including efficient appliances and solar, will have a market edge. Be the REALTOR who knows which efficiency upgrades change the experience that a homeowner has in their home and help connect them to the incredibly robust efficiency rebates in the market right now.
By earning NAR’s Green Designation, you position yourself as a leader in GREEN real estate that’s fully equipped to help clients take advantage of the opportunities their next home can offer. A blower door test is the only way to really know how energy efficient a home is. It has an unassuming name, but it is one of the coolest diagnostic tools that you will ever see. Come see a blower door in action at the Green Designation course! We will have a certified energy assessor demonstrating how the blower door works and answering all of your questions.
Click on the date to register for the course.
Tuition: CAR Members: $150 | Non-Members: $160
2 Day Audit Pricing: $99.00 (Audit Pricing is for anyone who currently holds this designation/certification with NAR to take the course because the materials have been updated. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about this rate.)
During our two-day training program, which you can take in person or online, you’ll learn:
- Why consumer demand for green homes is increasing, causing these homes to sell faster and for a premium in some markets
- The benefits consumers gain from resource-efficient homes, smart homes, and certified homes
- How to help homeowners improve the resource efficiency of their homes—from low-cost fixes to big-budget remodels
- The cost-benefits of retrofitting vs. remodeling vs. renovating
- And so much more…
After completing the course, you’ll have ongoing access to marketing materials, newsletters, and other resources that ensure you can continue to market your specialty even as the market changes.
Benefits You’ll Gain
- Access to customizable members-only marketing tools to help you build your business and gain a competitive edge
- A comprehensive understanding of what it means to go green and the concerns of consumers seeking green knowledge about real estate
- Valuable real estate education that differentiates your market focus and broadens your abilities in the eyes your clients, prospective clients and associates
- Real estate practices to bring great value to the design and build teams during construction of new, resource-efficient homes
- Ongoing specialized training and exclusive designation benefits and resources that help you stay on top of green real estate issues and trends
- Application fee: $0
- Annual Green membership renewal fee: $98.50