Celebrating 50 Years of Fair Housing
2018 marks the 50th anniversary of the Fair Housing Act. As stewards of the right to own, use and transfer private property, fair housing protects our livelihood and business as REALTORS®.Thank you to so many of our REALTOR® leaders who push the conversation forward every day. Check out this video from Illinois REALTORS® to learn more:
The NAR Fair Housing Program includes the latest Fair Housing News, free fair housing products, useful links and the REALTOR® Fair Housing Declaration.
Providing equal service to all is the basic tenet of federal fair housing law and part of NAR’s Code of Ethics. NAR’s fair housing training video is available as a free download to all associations and members. Ensure your service is fair and legal.
Check out videos from our reflection on Fair Housing, and learn how we’re working to advance fair housing in Chicago.
Fair Housing Resources
- How To File A Complaint
- NAR Fair Housing Program
- NAR Celebrates 50 Years of Fair Housing
- Illinois REALTORS® Fair Housing Resources
- City of Chicago Sources of Fair Housing Training
- Section 8 Vouchers and Source of Income Discrimination
- Where to File Housing Discrimination Claims
- City of Chicago Human Rights and Fair Housing Ordinances
- REALTOR® Fair Housing Declaration
- File a Fair Housing Complaint (HUD)
- National Fair Housing Alliance
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Illinois Department of Human Rights
- Fair Housing and Lending Project
- Illinois Fair Housing Act
- FAQ: Fair Housing Rights