At CAR, we have many industry partners, one of which is the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP). NAHREP Chicago provides community outreach, industry educational and business networking events for the Hispanic real estate community, as well as industry insights, and is a top producing chapter with several members in the top 250 Latino Agents in the country. The Chicago chapter has won the NAHREP National’s Chapter of the Year award, twice. They won the award in 2016, and they were just recently presented the award for their efforts in 2019.
NAHREP released the 2019 State of Hispanic Homeownership Report, which highlighted the following information:
- The total rate of Hispanic homeownership in the U.S. in 2019 was 47.5%, which is a 1.9% increase from 2015 and the fifth consecutive year of homeownership gain.
- Between 2009-2019, Hispanics accounted for 40.4% of household formation growth.
- At 59.9 million, Hispanics are the second-largest ethnic group in the U.S. and make up 18.3% of the overall U.S. population.
- In 2019, Hispanics added 435,000 new households, a 2.6 % increase from 2018.
- In Illinois, the Hispanic homeownership rate is 54%.
- The Chicago – Naperville – Elgin, IL-IN-WI area ranks eighth in the country for the most mortgage-ready Hispanic Millennials at 185,200.