TODAY IS ELECTION DAY!
Today is the day you cast your vote for Chicago’s next mayor, city clerk, city treasurer and your ward’s alderman. Here’s what you need to know before you take your trip to the polls:
LEARN WHERE YOUR MAYORAL CANDIDATES STAND ON KEY REAL ESTATE ISSUES
Not including write-ins, there are 14 mayoral candidates on the ballot. To help narrow-down your choice for mayor, we’ve created a scorecard to highlight where the candidates stand on key real estate issues.
Tip: You’re allowed to take notes into the booth with you. Click here to download the scorecard and have it handy while you vote.
Do you want even more info on the mayoral candidates? Take a few minutes to read the recap from the Mayoral Candidate Forum we held last month.
CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION STATUS
You can easily lookup your voter registration status here.
Tip: While photo identification isn’t required, it’s recommended you have yours with you just in case there are any discrepancies at your polling location.
Not registered to vote?
FIND YOUR POLLING LOCATION
It’s always a good idea to double-check your polling location. Simply type in your address to find out the location and hours of your polling place.
LOOK AT YOUR SAMPLE BALLOT
Want to see a full list of who’s running in your ward? Get your sample ballot here.
SEE IF YOUR PRECINCT’S BALLOT INCLUDES AN ADVISORY REFERENDA
Some wards will have a few more items on the ballot. See if you’ll need to vote on the following items:
- Whether to lift ban on rent control
- NOTE: The Chicago Association of REALTORS® urges a “no” vote on lifting the ban on rent control. Here’s why.
- Whether there should be a Community Benefits Agreement related to the Obama Center
- Whether revenue from marijuana legalization should fund neighborhood reinvestment in areas impacted by the war on drugs
- Whether there should be a Community Benefits Agreement related to the El Paseo Trail