Make your voices heard! From now through September 30th, you can complete the City of Chicago Budget Town Hall Survey.
Mayor Lightfoot’s formal budget will be presented to the City Council on October 16th. This survey allows you to give your input on how the Lightfoot administration should allocate the budget and generate revenue for the city.
Chicago REALTORS® are encouraged to take the survey, as it is an opportunity to discourage fiscal decisions that can negatively impact private property rights and the local real estate market as a whole (e.g., increases in property taxes).
Additionally, Mayor Lightfoot will use the information from the survey to guide the public budget discussions she’ll be hosting around the city throughout September. Here are the opportunities to learn more and be heard:
- August 29th: City of Chicago Financial Overview | Harold Washington Library | 6 PM
- September 4th: Budget Forum | Copernicus Center | 6 PM
- September 14th: Budget Forum | Roberto Clemente High School | 9 AM
- September 19th: Southeast United Methodist Youth and Community Center | 6 PM
- September 25th: Lindblom Math and Science Academy | 6 PM
- September 30th: Last day to complete the City of Chicago Budget Town Hall Survey
- October 23rd: Lightfoot’s Budget Town Hall at City Council
If you have any questions about CAR’s position on the budget, feel free to contact one of our Government Affairs Directors (GADs): Brian Bernardoni, Kris Anderson or Adriann Murawski. Also, get the full scoop at our Coffee with Your GADs meeting on September 3rd!
Don’t forget to take a few moments to complete the survey by September 30th!