How are you kicking off the new year? Have a little down time? We’ve got you covered. Make the most of your time and membership with these benefits to set you up for success in 2019.
Read the Winter 2018 CHICAGO REALTOR® MAGAZINE
Learn about 2019 President Tommy Choi and the new Board of Directors, as well as our 2018 Hall of Fame inductee David Schwartz, roadmap your personal brand, explore Logan Square, reflect on 50 years of the Fair Housing Act and ensure your advertising stays in compliance with the Code of Ethics. Read the magazine.
Register for an Upcoming Event
- January 15: 2019 Market Outlook – Gain insights on what’s to come in the year ahead with the housing market and consumer search trends.
- January 22: YPN Real Estate Boot Camp – Build an in-depth business plan with the help of industry Top Producers and subject-matter experts.
- January 30: Global Real Estate Council New Residential Development Tour – Get a first look at five new residential developments under construction in Chicago.
- January 31: 2019 YPN Kick-Off Mixer – Enjoy networking, music and cocktails with your YPN friends.
Plan for Your Financial Future
Check out the resources and tools available at the Center for Financial Wellness and start planning your financial future. You can assess your current financial profile, receive personalized financial planning goals, practice financial planning decisions in a risk-free way, and explore a robust library of budgeting, retiring, and real estate investing resources. These tools are completely free for REALTORS®. Get smart about your finances.
Work on Your 2019 Business Plan
We have a wealth of resources available to help you set goals, create a business plan and more. Here are three articles to get you started:
- Set Realistic Goals and Expectations for Your Business, by Mike McElroy, Center Coast Realty
- Keep Your Brokers & Yourself Accountable to Your Goals & the Business Plan, by Nick Libert, EXIT Strategy Realty
- Creating Systems & Models That Work for You, by Dave Naso, Keller Williams Chicago – Lincoln Park
Plan Your Marketing Schedule
Are you marketing yourself properly? These articles can help you set a plan and stick to your goals.
- Planning Your Best New Content Strategy
- Reinvent Your Lead Gen: Innovative Ideas to Help Grow Your Business
- Hit a Listing Homerun
Watch These Videos Before Tax Season
NAR has a new video series designed to help you navigate the new tax provisions. From business entertainment deductions to moving expenses, learn what you should know before preparing your taxes. Watch and get tax-savvy.
Learn the New Laws Going into Effect in 2019
New year, new laws. On January 1, over 200 Illinois laws will take effect. Read up on what’s to come and share with your clients. Get the scoop.
Invest in Yourself and Your Education
We have a variety of educational offerings planned for the new year – be sure to take advantage!
New Class! At Home with Diversity: This class provides participants with tools to build diversity outreach into their business plans to best serve a dynamic and growing market as well as improve the industry’s ability to serve culturally diverse consumers. We’re picking up the tab for the first 80 members who register for the January 25 class. Sign up here.