The #LadyBoss panel, comprised of some of the top executives in the Chicago – and national – real estate industry, embodied the spirit of empowerment.
“In a male-dominated industry, I finally started to speak up and call out when I saw I wasn’t invited or recognized,” Tammy Hajjar Miller, senior vice president of mortgages at the Federal Savings Bank, said. “If you’re not at the table, you’re on the menu.”
For these women at the top of the real estate industry, it’s just as important to prioritize self-care as it is to stand up for yourself.
“We often don’t treat ourselves as we treat others,” Katie Johnson, general counsel and chief member experience officer at the National Association of REALTORS®, said. “Our strengths can be our weaknesses if they’re overused.”
For Michelle Mills Clement, CAR’s CEO, self-care comes in the form of seeking guidance from others. “My therapist helps me stay accountable for doing things for myself,” she said. “She challenges me each session.”
Watch the panel:
CHECK OUT THE REST OF THE PROGRAM:
- Produce Like a Pro | Jill Frank
- Your Guide to 2020 Emerging Technology Trends | Constance Freedman
- Women in Tech: The Data Trends You Need to Know | Rebecca Jensen, Dr. Jessica Lautz & Rebecca Thomson
- The Power of Emotional Intelligence | Sue Yannaccone
- ReMarkiTable Content for Women: How to Value Your Time and Content | Marki Lemons Ryhal
- Finding Your Voice | Amy Duong Kim, Mabél Guzmán, Megan Oswald & Erika Villegas
- Cannabis Education: What You Need to Know for Next Year | Holly DuPart
- In Conversation with Luvvie Ajayi | Marki Lemons Ryhal