In order for you to be the best in the business, you need the proper tools, tips and coursework to guide you. That’s where the Chicago Association of REALTORS® comes in. Make the most of your membership by taking advantage of all the benefits designed to make your job easier and your clients happier. From classes and events, to articles and resources, here’s what you should get involved with this month to advance your career.
Pick the Nominees for the 2019 REALTOR® Awards
There’s no better way to recognize your colleagues than by nominating them for a 2019 REALTOR® Award. We’re accepting applications for the awards through May 15th , which will be presented in September at the 2019 Inaugural Gala. If you know a fellow REALTOR® who deserves to be recognized for their philanthropy, advocacy, leadership and overall contributions to our industry, complete the nomination form today.
Focus on Mental Wellness and Superior Customer Service
Let’s be real. This industry can be difficult. That’s why on May 9th, we welcome two nationally-renowned REALTORS® to spearhead Lessons from Real Estate Masterminds. First, we’ll explore the importance of mental wellness. Avoid burnout by learning how to manage your schedule and create your own safe spaces and boundaries. Then, we’ll take a look at how we can take our customer service skills up a notch. Mastering these internal and external factors may make all the difference in your happiness, reputation and longevity in real estate.
Get Involved: Help Shape Our Industry
Are you looking for a new way to challenge yourself, advance your career and contribute to our industry? We have many opportunities for you to do just that. Applications for the 2019-2020 Board of Directors are open now through May 17, 2019.
If you’re interested in being a part of CAR’s charitable giving, apply to be on the 2019-2020 CAR Foundation Board of Trustees. Applications must be received by June 14th.
Not sure the Board of Directors or Board of Trustees is for you? Volunteer for one of our other committees:
- Audit Committee
- CommercialForum Committee
- Finance Committee
- Forms and Contracts Committee
- Global Real Estate Council
- Golf Outing Advisory Group
- Grievance Committee
- Inaugural Gala Advisory Group
- Professional Standards Committee
- Public Policy Forums
- Sales Awards Advisory Group
- West Towns Chapter Committee
- Young Professionals Network Advisory Group
Volunteer applications for these committees must be submitted by June 30, 2019. It’s “only May,” but don’t hesitate. Complete your applications today and commit to getting involved!
Check Out the State of Real Estate in Your Neighborhood
We keep hearing about a “changing” real estate market. The reality is, our market is always changing. FastStats provide updated weekly and monthly statistics for the City of Chicago as a whole and each of its 77 neighborhoods individually. Looking at the amount of homes under contract, for example, can help you understand how busy the market’s been. This data is also helpful for answering your clients’ tough questions and further positioning yourself as an industry expert.
Mix and Mingle at Our May Events
- New Council, New Mayor, New Chicago | May 21st: This month, we’re getting a new mayor, a new treasurer and many new aldermen. Does that mean we’re also getting a new Chicago? Let’s discuss. On May 21st, the first day of the new administration, experts will talk about the new administration, their plans for our city and how real estate could be impacted.
- Business Trends Impacting Global Opportunities | May 23rd: Chicago REALTORS® attract and do business far beyond our 77 neighborhoods. To support you in your global real estate transactions, we’re hosting part one of Business Trends Impacting Global Opportunities on Thursday, May 23rd. Here, you’ll learn about everything from retirement and second home properties to the different technologies being used to interact with clients abroad. To be global, you have to think global, and that’s what this event is all about.
- CommercialForum Networking Breakfast | May 30th: We hear a lot about residential real estate, but what’s up with commercial? Get the full scoop on May 30th at the CommercialForum Networking Breakfast. At the event, you’ll hear economists and local practitioners share trends and forecasts for the commercial real estate market. This event is free for CAR members, just register today!
Tune into the CAR Podcast
Did you know you can find CAR on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts? If you missed any our YPN breakfasts (or it was so good you want to hear it again), you can listen and download the events on any of the above platforms. Keep tuning in over the next couple of months as we add even more content to take with you on the go!