A new property tax education program is coming to the west side of Chicago, thanks to a partnership between the Cook County Treasurer’s Office, the Reverend Jesse L. Jackson and the Chicago Aldermanic Black Caucus.
Staff from the Treasurer’s Office will visit the west side four days a week to help homeowners:
- Apply for $44 million in missing senior citizen property tax exemptions.
- Search for $79 million in available refunds.
- Learn what to do if their property taxes are delinquent.
Here’s when and where to find these sessions:
- Tuesdays, 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM at Rainbow PUSH | 930 E. 50th St
- Wednesdays, 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM at JLM Abundant Life Community Center | 2622 W. Jackson Blvd.
- Thursdays, 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM at JLM Abundant Life Community Center | 2622 W. Jackson Blvd.
- Fridays, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM at Rainbow PUSH | 930 E. 50th St