In order for you to be the best in the business, you need the proper tools, tips and coursework to guide you. That’s where the Chicago Association of REALTORS® comes in. Make the most of your membership by taking advantage of all the benefits designed to make your job easier and your clients happier. From classes and events, to articles and resources, here’s what you should get involved with this month to advance your career.
GET LISTING ADVICE
Are you ready to get listing advice from some of the best in the business? Join us on Wednesday, March 27th for our complimentary YPN Networking Breakfast. Each month, our Young Professional Network (YPN) offers a free breakfast for all members, giving you the opportunity to learn from industry experts and network from your peers. Be sure to register now, as seats fill up quickly!
Find the Perfect Job or the Perfect Assistant
Did you know our REALTORS® Real Estate School has an online Career Center?
- If you’re looking for a new job in real estate, search for an open position.
- If you’re the owner of brokerage, post a new job here for our talented pool of candidates.
- If you’d like to receive a monthly recruitment list of recent pre-licensing students, submit a request.
- A Guide to Assisting Real Estate Professionals
- Expanding Your Team: A Guide to Managing Personal Assistants
Learn How to Take Your Business Overseas
Between our Global Real Estate Council and RRES class offerings, you can learn all there is to learn about conducting real estate transactions overseas.
- Register for the one-day, comprehensive CE class, “Build A Successful International Real Estate Business” on April 2nd.
- Read about the investment opportunities available in Africa.
- Here’s why you should considering doing business with Serbia.
- Study up the incentives Costa Rica is offering to spur real estate and tourism.
NAR also offers resources on how to communicate with international clients and understand real estate business practices from around the world.
Watch These Videos Before Tax Season
NAR has a new video series designed to help you navigate the new tax provisions. From business entertainment deductions to moving expenses, learn what you should know before preparing your taxes. Watch and get tax-savvy
Get the Scoop on the Dangers of Rent Control
We strongly oppose rent control, as it severely imposes on private property rights. It has proven to be disastrous to communities and simply unsustainable. Still, proponents continue to present bills that would life the ban on rent control. As a Chicago REALTOR®, we strive to ensure you’re always equipped with the information you need to make informed decisions and take action. Check out these resources to learn why we must be resilient in our our opposition:
- Read: Busting 6 Common Myths about Rent Control
- Read: The Impacts of Rent Control in Chicago – an independent economic report outlining the dangers of rent control.
- Watch: Rent Control’s Impact on Affordability
- Watch: Rent Control’s Impact on Bureaucracy
- Listen: REALTOR® Podcast on the Dangers of Rent Control
- Visit AffordabilityForAll.com for more.
Want to learn more about our advocacy? Come to our free, members-only “Coffee with Your G.A.D.” meetups on the first Tuesday of every month.