Last week, the Illinois REALTORS® hosted their fall business meetings and inducted their new Board of Directors at their Inaugural Gala. Chicago REALTORS® were at the forefront in a variety of ways.
CAR Past President Zeke Morris, EXIT Strategy Realty/EMA Management, was inducted as the first-ever Black Illinois REALTORS® president on Tuesday, October 12. Joining Zeke as an officer is CAR past president Matt Silver, Corcoran Urban Real Estate, who now holds the position of treasurer.
Outgoing Illinois REALTORS® President Sue Miller presented her Presidential Medallions to those who made significant contributions to the association and the real estate industry. She honored a number of Chicago REALTORS®, including:
- Tommy Choi, Keller Williams ONEChicago, who was honored for his work in promoting and representing Illinois at the national level.
- Lutalo McGee, Ani Real Estate, who led Illinois REALTORS® Discriminatory Appraisals Task Force.
- Rebecca Thomson, Coldwell Banker Realty, who was recognized for her dedication as Illinois REALTORS® Special Committee Board Liaison.
During the Inaugural Gala, multiple Chicago REALTORS® were installed to the Illinois REALTORS® Board of Directors, including:
- Tommy Choi, Keller Williams ONEChicago
- Gaspar Flores Jr., Su Familia Real Estate
- Maurice Hampton, Centered International Realty
- Chris Pezza, The Apartment Source
- Nykea Pippion McGriff, Coldwell Banker Realty
- Tracey Royal, Coldwell Banker Realty
- Nancy Suvarnamani, CENTURY 21 S.G.R.
- Rebecca Thomson, Coldwell Banker Realty
Finally, during the business meetings, Chicago REALTORS® Lutalo McGee, Ani Real Estate, and Sarah Ware, Ware Realty Group, sat on a panel to discuss Illinois REALTORS®’ action plan for ending discriminatory appraisals. Not only did the panel discuss research and data, but they also addressed ways that members and the public can approach discriminatory appraisals to effect change. View the full panel here.