Start your new year off on a strong note by making the most of your CAR membership. We put together the tools, resources, upcoming events and more that are designed to help you reach your 2021 goals!
REGISTER FOR AN UPCOMING EVENT
- January 7: 2021 Market Outlook – Gain insight on the year ahead and what it means for the Chicago residential, commercial and rental markets. This is a can’t-miss event – and a FREE member benefit.
- January 14: CAR Leadership Seminar: A Call to Future Leaders – Hear from CAR volunteers about their leadership stories and find out how you can get involved and make a difference in our association.
- January 15: CommercialForum Power Lunch: Biggest Chicago Stories of 2020 & What’s Ahead in 2021 – A panel of top journalists will tackle the biggest commercial real estate stories from 2020 and share their predictions for what’s ahead in 2021.
- January 19: YPN Real Estate Boot Camp – This workshop will teach you how to budget your time, energy and resources and develop an action plan that ties directly to your career and business goals. This event always sells out so make sure to register early!
- January 21: Renewable Real Estate – Get an empowering look at Chicago’s green real estate market, participate in discussions of top trends, and listen in on shop talk with those working firsthand in sustainable real estate.
REFRESH YOUR BUSINESS PRACTICES WITH SOME LIGHT READING
It’s never too early or too late to refresh your business practices and knowledge. Chicago REALTOR® Magazine has many tools and guides focusing on topics that will help you with your 2021 business and content planning.
- 10 Steps to Running Your Business Like an MBA, By Rebecca Thomson, Coldwell Banker Realty
- Structuring Your Business
- How to Set Realistic Goals and Expectations for Your Business, By Mike McElroy, Center Coast Realty
- How to Navigate Multiple Offers, By Lyle Harlow of Kale Realty
- A Guide to Short Sales and Foreclosures, By Furhad Waquad, ABR, CIPS, CRS, GRI, SFR, Real Estate One
- Going Green: Simple Tools to Get Started with Sustainability
- Making Housing Data Approachable, By Michael Lane, ShowingTime
Marketing & Lead Generation:
- How to Leverage Search Marketing Tactics for Real Estate, By Izabelle Hundrev, Directive
- Finding Your Why, By Aly Nauta, Connective Consulting
SET YOUR STANDARDS HIGH – COMPLETE YOUR ETHICS & FAIR HOUSING TRAINING
Your clients deserve your best. Make 2021 a year of focusing on your professionalism and reputation.
Ensure you’re adhering to the highest standards of professionalism. Complete your ethics training prior to the December 31, 2021 deadline. There are several ways to do it:
- Click here to download this course
- Chicago Association of REALTORS® Member Ethics Course
- Complete the Commitment to Excellence
- Online Training Course
NAR recently launched its free Fair Housing simulation training called Fairhaven to analyze your level of adherence to and understanding of Fair Housing laws. This program will teach you how to act as a trusted guide for clients and your community. Get started here.
Included with your 2021 membership renewal, you now have access to our free Fair Housing CE course. This opportunity will help reinforce the importance of building ethical, socially-mindful business practices into your business plan and refresh your knowledge of Fair Housing in real estate. This course is available as a webinar or self-study course and is worth three elective continuing education credits. Get started today!
DEMONSTRATE YOUR MARKET KNOWLEDGE WITH FASTSTATS
The real estate market is frequently changing. Use the tools at your fingertips as a Chicago REALTOR® to demonstrate your knowledge of the city real estate market with FastStats. Access enhanced weekly and monthly citywide or neighborhood reports that will boost your brand as a trusted real estate advisor. Check out the stats here.
GET RECOGNIZED FOR YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS DURING THE 2020 SALES AWARDS
2020 was an unexpected and challenging year for all of us. Celebrate your successes by verifying your sales data for a chance to be recognized during the 2020 Sales Awards! Make sure your data is entered into the MLS Friday, January 8 at midnight. Click here for instructions on how to verify your data.
All CAR and CommercialForum members are eligible for consideration for commercial transactions completed in the 2020 calendar year. Apply separately for your commercial sales by Friday, January 8, 2021 at midnight.
FOCUS ON YOURSELF
Your health is your most valuable asset. If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s not to take that for granted. Here are some tips, tricks and perks to focus on your health and mental wellness this year.
- The Balancing Act, By Bobbi Howe, Keller Williams Kansas City North
- Manage Your Mental Health and Wellness with These Tips and Tools
- Stress Management and Mental Wellness Webinar
- Member Perk: Core Solutions Chiropractic Center can help ensure you are in tip-top health with complementary exams, including any needed x-rays, adjustments, and follow up appointments.