This February, we have the tools to help you make the most of your membership as you navigate the beginning of your year. Have a fantastic February with these member benefits:
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR OUR UPCOMING EVENTS
This February, we are continuing some of our popular virtual events, as well as hosting some specialty topic webinars, including:
- Coffee With Your GADs on February 2: You’re invited to an informal meeting to discuss legislative issues affecting the Chicago real estate market! Your CAR Government Affairs Directors will provide an overview of our current advocacy initiatives and concerns.
- Race in Real Estate on February 3: We are continuing our Race in Real Estate series with a discussion featuring WBEZ reporter Natalie Moore on the impacts of discrimination on our Chicago neighborhoods and her book The South Side: A Portrait of Chicago and American Segregation.
- Listening Tour – South on February 4: Get the latest on our offerings, an association update from CEO Michelle Mills Clement and join breakout rooms to discuss important CAR topics.
- Listening Tour – North on February 4: This event is your opportunity to hear about what’s happening at CAR from our CEO Michelle Mills Clement, ask questions and discuss important CAR topics with your fellow REALTORS®.
- CommercialForum Power Lunch: Enhance Your Investment Portfolio With the Delaware Statutory Trust & 1031 Exchange on February 19: This power lunch is all about the Delaware Statutory Trust and the 1031 “Like-Kind” Exchange! Learn how this investment tool can help your clients avoid capital gains taxes, shed all property operations responsibility and keep the economic tax benefits of an active investor while being shielded from liability by acting as a passive investor.
- CAR Commemorates Black History Month on February 23: Join us as we celebrate Black History Month with updates and announcements from the Dearborn REALTIST® Board. We will also discuss the changes being created at the national level to impact black REALTORS® as well as housing in Chicago and around the country with NAR leadership.
- YPN Breakfast: Top Producers Panel on February 24: Hear from a group of top producers about how they set and meet goals and run and adapt their businesses. We’ll also talk about how they started their careers and what advice they’d give to real estate professionals just starting out.
- CAR West Outlook on February 24: To help you stay informed on development in the I-55 Corridor and nearby communities, we’ve invited several presenters to discuss changes in the immediate area and their impact on real estate values.
SHARE YOUR MARKET EXPERTISE WITH THE PHOTOFY APP
Demonstrate the value you bring to the real estate transaction and beyond – in our Chicago neighborhoods, in understanding the local real estate market and in our influence on public policies that protect your clients’ rights as property owners.
Download the Photofy app to customize and share professionally-designed graphics that underscore your value, straight to your social media channels.
To get started today:
- Visit photofy.com/nar.
- At the bottom of the page, fill out the information under “Get Started with Photofy Today.” You will need your NRDS ID number for this!
- Open the email from Photofy and download the app on your device.
- Once the app is downloaded, open it. Click “Business Sign In” on the homepage and log in with your information, including your username and password.
- You will then have access to both NAR and CAR’s Photofy assets. To switch between the two, click the up arrow on the bottom of your screen.
LET THE CAR FOUNDATION HELP WITH YOUR EDUCATION GOALS!
CAR Foundation scholarships are now open for the spring season! Apply for a CAR Foundation scholarship to gain opportunities and financial assistance in the areas of advocacy, designations and licenses, property management, higher education or pursuing a real estate career. Our many scholarships are open for applications until Saturday, March 20. Find the full list of scholarships and more information here.
REFRESH YOUR FAIR HOUSING KNOWLEDGE WITH OUR FREE CE COURSE
Included with your 2021 membership renewal, you now have access to a free Fair Housing CE course. This opportunity will help reinforce the importance of building ethical, socially-mindful business practices into your business plan and refresh your knowledge of Fair Housing in real estate.
This course is available as a webinar or self-study course and is worth three elective continuing education credits. The next course begins on Thursday, February 25. Register today!