For you to be the best in the business, you need the proper tools, tips and coursework to guide you. That’s where the Chicago Association of REALTORS® comes in. Make the most of your membership by taking advantage of all the benefits designed to make your job easier and your clients happier. From classes and events to articles and resources, here’s what you should get involved with this month to advance your career.
On September 10th, the CommercialForum Diversity Summit will present two panel discussions featuring leaders from all backgrounds. These brokerage decision-makers will share how embracing diversity has boosted their business and our industry. Learn how you can apply the same diversity and inclusion strategies to your business.
Check Out REALTOR® Safety Month Tips and Resources
September is REALTOR® Safety Month! It’s a great time to get refreshed on the tips and resources that were created to protect you, your clients and their property:
- To relearn these safety rules, you don’t have to look far. We’ve compiled a list of apps, infographics, webinars and articles focused on REALTOR® safety. This includes everything from 10 Tips to Holding a Safe Open House to Member Safety Reports.
- Register and attend our newly-added course, Proactive Safety Strategies for Real Estate Professionals on Monday, September 23rd. JMD Defense & Investigations will share information everyone should know about safety, including self-defense strategies, concealed carry responsibilities and identifying property safety gaps.
- This is also a good time to learn about Sentrilock, the only lockbox supported by CAR. The Sentrilock system is made up of the SentriCard, the SentriSmart App, the Card Reader and the Lockbox. The products work together to make your business safer, easier and more personalized. We provide you with all the information you need to know about the products and help to get them in your hands as quickly as possible.
Take A Deeper Dive with Partner Reports
Did you know the Asian American and Pacific Islander community is the fastest growing in the U.S.?
Did you also know Illinois is the 5th largest state for the Hispanic population?
Our Industry Partners specialize in different segments of the real estate market. Some of our partners’ national chapters release annual reports to give detailed information about the latest real estate trends in their communities. Recently, NAHREP released its Hispanic Homeownership Report and AAREA released its State of Asia America report. In a global city like Chicago, downloading and understanding these reports can help you better serve your clients and open you up to greater business opportunities.
Learn About the Newest Laws and Policies
Our association works hard to make sure you have the latest information on public policy and laws impacting your business. Three recent announcements are crucial, so be sure to check them out:
- The highly-anticipated Real Estate License Amendment has been officially signed into law. The Illinois REALTORS® has resources available to help you navigate these changes, including a video and podcast on what the changes mean for your business.
- The FHA released new rules regarding the approval process for condominiums. This was done in an effort to make homeownership more affordable. Be sure to read the new rules, which are slated to go into effect on October 15, 2019.
- Mayor Lightfoot is scheduled to deliver her formal budget this October. Now through the end of September, however, you can have a say in how the monies are allocated and revenue is generated.
Attend the Inaugural Gala
Let’s get together and let to good times roll! Thursday, September 26h is our Inaugural Gala, aka, the premier night in Chicagoland real estate. Here we’ll welcome our new Board of Directors, introduce our Hall of Fame inductee and honor the winners of the coveted REALTOR® awards! This night of glitz and glam is a member favorite, filled with dancing, food, amazing decorations, inspiring speeches and lots of laughs. Please secure your ticket soon – we don’t want you to miss this!
Start Planning For Retirement
When’s the last time you did a financial wellness check-up? You know, when you really sit down and assess your finances, your savings and your retirement plan? Whether you’ve done it recently or have been putting it off, and whether you’re new to the business or nearing retirement, the National Association of REALTORS® has you covered. The Center for REALTOR® Financial Wellness is an online tool to help you begin and organize your financial wellness journey. It’s a service that’s included in your membership, so take advantage – let’s make sure those finances are healthy!
Get the Latest Advocacy Updates
October 1st will be the first Coffee with Your GADs meeting hosted by our new Government Affairs Directors Kristopher Anderson and Adriann Murawski. Here, you’ll learn about the local, state and federal public policy issues impacting the real estate market and what our association is doing about them. Our GADs also want to hear from you – come ready to share what you’re seeing out in the field. As always, the event is free, but seats fill up quickly. Secure your spot!