For you to be the best in the business, you need the proper tools, tips and coursework to guide you. That’s where the Chicago Association of REALTORS® comes in. Make the most of your membership by taking advantage of all the benefits designed to make your job easier and your clients happier. From classes and events to articles and resources, here’s what you should get involved with this month to advance your career.
Network, Learn, Give Feedback & Grow, at our February Events
We have a variety of events taking place this February to fit your needs and interests, including networking and education opportunities and much more, including:
- Coffee with Your GADs — Your chance to gain an overview of our current advocacy initiatives.
- Coffee With Your GADs South — The GADs are bringing their insights to your neighborhood – this time, to the southside at the Frank J. Williams Education Center.
- Real Estate Investing Bootcamp — This event is the best investing training for your business. Join the waitlist!
- CommercialForum/CCIM Roundtable Networking Event — Exchange perspectives on Chicago’s commercial real estate market, learn from topic experts and network with your peers.
- CAR Listening Tour North — Our CAR team is back on the road to share updates and get feedback from you!
- Global Real Estate Council New Residential Development Tour — Spend the day at private showings of four residential developments.
- Black History Month Reception — Join CAR for a celebration highlighting the accomplishments of African Americans throughout the city.
- YPN Breakfast — This month, we’re providing wisdom from top producers in Chicago!
- CAR West Economic Outlook — Presenters will discuss changes in the I-55 Corridor and nearby communities and the impact on real estate.
- Buying and Selling Homes with Solar: A Guide for REALTORS® — Join us for a solar workshop and get an overview of how the technology works, a rundown of misinformation in the market, the types of questions home buyers and sellers may have and the basics of how solar will impact home sales.
Introducing the Sustainability Initiative & Work Group
We’re pleased to introduce our new sustainability initiative and Sustainability Work Group! This group’s mission is to help Chicago REALTORS® create value for themselves, their brokerages and their clients by providing the resources they need to create sustainable buildings and lifestyles that will positively impact property values and the environment. Find out more here!
We’re kicking off our Sustainability lecture series with solar – register for Buying and Selling Homes with Solar: A Guide for REALTORS® on February 27!
We’ll also be bringing you bi-monthly posts about sustainable topics that you can share with your clients! Keep up with the latest here.
Apply for a CAR Foundation Spring Scholarship!
Thirteen scholarships are available for CAR members to apply to this spring. Spanning focuses from advocacy to professional development to designations and more, now is the time to apply for the scholarship you’re looking for. Click here to see the available scholarships and apply by Friday, March 20!
If you are interested in getting involved in our advocacy initiatives, check out two of our scholarships available year round:
- Brande Hampton Emerging Champion Scholarship: This scholarship provides female Chicago REALTORS® the ability to participate in NAR’s federal lobbying activities at the May Midyear Legislative Meetings and/or the NAR Annual Conference. The scholarship is awarded as a partial reimbursement up to $250 for travel expenses and registration fees incurred.
- Matt Silver Advocacy Endeavor Scholarship: This scholarship provides minority men and women the ability to see first-hand our lobbying efforts as first-time attendees to the annual Illinois REALTORS® Lobby Day in Springfield or NAR Midyear Legislative Meetings in Washington, D.C. The scholarship awards up to $500 per candidate for Illinois REALTORS® Lobby Day (April) and/or up to $2,000 for NAR Legislative Meetings (May). Candidates will be reimbursed for travel expenses, conference registration and hotel accommodations.
WBBM Real Estate Feature Blogs
Every Tuesday, we release our WBBM Real Estate Feature blogs. These series of PSAs help home buyers and sellers make informed real estate decisions. Check out our most recent blog, Figuring Out Your Mortgage Payment, and make sure to keep an eye out for new blogs to come!
Exclusive CAR Member Perks!
New year, new you! Take on 2020 by taking time to focus on yourself, with the help of CAR! As a member, you can receive exclusive discounts at the Chicago Athletic Clubs and at the Core Solutions Chiropractic Center. Make sure to check out your special, members-only offers!
It’s Broker CE Season!
Brokers, did you know your license renewal requirements have changed? Before you start signing up for classes, take some time to understand how these changes affect you and your CE.
You need to do two things:
- Look up what date you received your license. You can do that here.
- See where you fall in the four possible license renewal categories here.