October is Professional Development Month. Being a well-rounded REALTOR® is critical to your professionalism and advancement in your career, and will make you the best asset possible for your clients! Here are some tools to help:
#1: Get Tips From Your Peers
One of the best ways to gain new or unique ideas is by sharing and discussing with your peers – and lucky for everyone, several of your fellow Chicago REALTORS® have shared a variety of tools, practices and resources that make them better REALTORS®. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Tips on how to spend your budget
- Tried and true apps that your peers count on
- Community resources that help you better serve your clients
- Ways to generate leads through Instagram
- FAQs for scaling your business
- How to navigate a low inventory market
- Tips for being a salesperson without being too “salesy”
- Tips and tools from our female industry leaders
#2: Share Your Expertise and Knowledge
Our free app, Photofy, allows you to easily customize and share social media graphics that show your expertise about Chicago, the market and your influence. It takes just a few clicks to design personal and professional assets to share them on your channels. So go ahead and brag about yourself and your knowledge!
#3: Build a Strong Network
Whether you’re looking to grow your business by expanding your network or you’re just starting out, we have tips to get you there. Check out:
- The ‘Non-Salesy’ Guide to Being a Salesperson: Discusses how to utilize your family, friends and connections to build your network without damaging your relationships.
- YPN July 2021 Breakfast: Scaling Your Business: A panel of established REALTORS® explains how they built their networks while also building their businesses.
- 10 Steps to Running Your Business Like An MBA: Suggestions on how to make connections that you might be missing out on.
#4: Keep Yourself Up-To-Date on the Market with Statistics
We have weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual statistics to keep up-to-date on how the market is doing. Whether you’re looking for information on the city as a whole, a specific neighborhood or a suburb, we have you covered. Check out all of our market statistics here.
Also, look out for our monthly market snapshot. You can view September’s snapshot here. This monthly overview provides the talking points you need to speak confidently about what’s happening in the market and a handy infographic you can share with your clients, or on social media!
Need a stats refresher, or looking for ways to approach the subject with your clients? We’ve got you covered.
#5: Take A CE Course
RRES is making it easy for you to take the courses you need for your license renewal. Our CE bundles allow you to cross off all your CE credits and Code of Ethics training. Make sure to take advantage of these discounted bundles today. This sale expires on October 31.
We also have several designations on tap to help you better serve your clients! Check them out and register for a class today.
#6: Apply for a Foundation Scholarship
Speaking of discounts, did you know we also provide scholarships quarterly through our Foundation? These scholarships can cover the price of courses, designations, continuing education and more. Get the details on our available scholarships and apply for one today.
#7: Attend an Event
Attend one of our events to learn something new, make new connections and support your peers. Here’s what’s coming up:
#8: Refresh Your Skills
Our magazine shares tools and resources on a variety of topics so you can continue to refresh your skills. Here are some hot topics to read up on and review for best practices: