As we begin to look from summer to fall, make the most out of your membership by going all-in with these member benefits:
RELAUNCHED FAIR HOUSING HUB
Our revamped Fair Housing resource page gives you access to the tools you need to provide the best service to your clients. Learn the lingering impact of redlining in our communities with our History of Fair Housing in Chicago documentary. Check out new training that’s available (most for free or discounted!), including fair housing training videos and the At Home with Diversity certification course. You can also watch video playback from several of our past Fair Housing events, and learn from the first-hand experiences of industry icons and fair housing advocates Zeke Morris and Frank Williams, amongst others. Access the revamped Fair Housing hub today.
APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP TO FURTHER YOUR GOALS
The CAR Foundation launched the new Marki Lemons Ryhal Educational Advancement Scholarship at the end of last month. This scholarship, available only to African American women whose primary residence is in underserved Chicago communities, supports candidates seeking to obtain their real estate license OR attend a Historically Black College and University (HBCU).
Did you know almost half of the money donated to scholarships goes unused every year? All of our scholarships are open for applications until Friday, August 28! Make sure to take advantage of these opportunities to participate in advocacy, seek higher education, pursue a designation and more.
DON’T MISS OUR WEEKLY VIRTUAL EVENTS!
When social distancing and the stay-at-home order began, we launched multiple virtual series to keep you connected with your peers and gain insightful tools to help you move forward. Make sure to check out these series coming up this month:
- #Thrive: Join us August 5, 12 and 19 for interviews with YPN and experts from our local real estate market to talk about what’s on their mind in this fluid, rapidly-evolving environment.
- CommercialForum Power Lunch: On August 7 and 21, tune in for an in-depth lunch talk focused specifically on the commercial real estate market in Chicago.
- Global Conference Series: Take a (virtual) trip around the globe with CAR’s Global Council for a five-part Global Conference series highlighting heavy investment areas within Asia, Latin America, Africa/Middle Eastern and the Americas.
Other special events taking place this month include:
- CAR Foundation Virtual 5K Run/Walk: Our CAR Foundation 5K is going virtual this year. You can run (or walk) it from any location you choose: on the road, on the trail or on the treadmill. You get to run your own race, at your own pace and time it yourself using the ASICS Runkeeper app. You’ll be able to upload your results anytime between August 9 and August 15.
- CAR West Town Hall: Join us for a Town Hall meeting to discuss all things CAR West! This is your opportunity to express concerns, ask questions and share your ideas for a new and improved CAR West.
TAKE THE PLEDGE: BECOME A SUSTAINABILITY AMBASSADOR
CAR’s Sustainability Work Group is looking for sustainability ambassadors throughout Chicago! Take the pledge and work with the group towards a greener future. Together, we can make an impact. Click here to take the pledge, find out the steps you can take to improve your sustainability and the perks of being an ambassador!
WORK SAFER AND SMARTER WITH FOREWARN
We are thrilled to announce our Member Safety Perk: FOREWARN, a complimentary, proactive safety and lead intelligence service for all Chicago REALTORS®! This safety and prospect intelligence app allows agents to have instant due diligence on prospects. Visit chicagorealtor.com/forewarn for more information and to get started today.