Commemorate Fair Housing MonthApril is Fair Housing Month. The Chicago Association of REALTORS® fully supports the practice of equal opportunity and Fair Housing. We, as REALTORS®, have the power to end discrimination. Our Fair Housing resource page gives you access to the tools you need to provide the best service to your clients. Learn the lingering impact of redlining in our communities with our History of Fair Housing in Chicago documentary. Check out new training that’s available, including unconscious bias training, fair housing videos and the At Home with Diversity certification course. You can also watch video playback from several of our past Fair Housing events, and learn from the first-hand experiences of industry icons and fair housing advocates Zeke Morris and Frank Williams, amongst others. Click here to visit the hub.
UPCOMING EVENTSThis April, we are continuing some of our popular virtual events, as well as hosting some specialty topic webinars, including:
- Coffee with Your GADS on April 6: You’re invited to an informal meeting to discuss legislative issues affecting the Chicago real estate market! Your CAR Government Affairs Directors will provide an overview of our current advocacy initiatives and concerns.
- Sustainably Social Hour on April 7: Join top brokers, property managers, investors and more with firsthand experience in sustainable real estate, and learn how you can get more involved while also adding value for your clients.
- Illinois REALTORS® Virtual Lobby Days on April 12 and 19: ! Springfield will be coming to you for private, virtual sessions with three of our state’s top elected leaders. Help us defend private property rights and show your support for legislation to create affordable and equitable housing.
- CommercialForum Power Lunch on April 16: Log on for a commercial real estate power hour with nationally-renowned and locally-celebrated thought leaders, investors, developers, tech disruptors, elected officials, brokers and more.
- Listening Tour – South Suburbs on April 22: This is your chance to meet face-to-face with staff and leadership to sound off on what’s most important for you, your business and your community. We’ll host breakout rooms with group collaboration on important CAR issues and discussions about how we can best support you.
- Preparing for ADU’s in Chicago on April 23: In December 2020, Chicago approved an ordinance allowing property owners to construct ADUs, with the impetus of increasing housing supply. Find out about the various requirements before they construct ADUs of their own.
- YPN April Breakfast: Digital Domination on April 28: This month, we’re diving into digital marketing. You’ll walk away with actionable items to improve your self-confidence on video, build your social media presence as a new REALTOR®, post authentically and attract more followers and convert them to leads.