This March, we have the tools to help you make the most of your membership:
This March, we are continuing some of our popular virtual events, as well as hosting some specialty topic webinars, including:
- Coffee With Your GADs on March 2: You’re invited to an informal meeting to discuss legislative issues affecting the Chicago real estate market! Your CAR Government Affairs Directors will provide an overview of our current advocacy initiatives and concerns.
- Titans of Industry: Leadership and Pain on March 2: Join us each week of Women’s History Month for a series of empowering discussions on the challenges and opportunities for women in real estate, followed by your choice of a deep-dive networking session or wine workshop with a noted sommelier. For this event, we will be joined by Courtney Clayton Jenkins as she provides a concrete and practical understanding of the pain we experience. She will help us interpret pain more accurately and illuminate the lessons pain is designed to teach us.
- Listening Tour – West on March 3: Get the latest on our offerings, an association update from CEO Michelle Mills Clement and join breakout rooms to discuss important CAR topics.
- Listening Tour – Downtown on March 3: This event is your opportunity to hear about what’s happening at CAR from our CEO Michelle Mills Clement, ask questions and discuss important CAR topics with your fellow REALTORS®.
- Zoning 101 on March 5: Many think zoning always means confusion, restrictions and the need to hire an expensive attorney. Join us and the Chicago Zoning Administrator as we de-mystify zoning.
- Ask the Attorney: Global Edition on March 8: The Global Real Estate Council is hosting a public forum featuring both an immigration and tax attorney – just in time for tax season! Learn from our speakers about provide pressing and relevant issues you and your clients need to know during the tax season.
- Titans of Industry: The Balancing Act – A Conversation with Female Broker Owners on March 9: During this event, female broker-owners will engage in a poignant and honest dialogue about all the aspects of developing and owning a business. We will dive into why they opened their businesses, share challenges and motivational strategies, and explore how they balance work and their personal lives.
- Titans of Industry: Meet CAR’s All Female Executive Team on March 16: For the first time in CAR® history, the association has an all-female leadership team. Join CEO Michelle Mills Clement and our officers for a vibrant and authentic discussion on what this means for the association, overcoming barriers and the future of women in the industry.
- Renewable Real Estate: How Does Community Solar Work? on March 18: Help your clients reduce their energy bill, even if they aren’t eligible for solar panels! Did you know that Illinois residents who get a ComEd or Ameren electric bill are now able to join a new, local community solar project and reduce their energy bill? Find out about it during this event.
- CommercialForum Power Lunch: The New Normal? on March 19: What is the status of Chicago’s commercial real estate market after a full year into the COVID-19 pandemic? Log-in for a dynamic panel discussion featuring local practitioners who have adapted and thrived in the face of tectonic-level shifts in deal flow, access to physical properties and virtual meetings.
- Titans of Industry: Rise Up – A Presidential Fireside Chat with Leading Female Executives on March 23: Join us for a fireside chat with the first African American Woman President of the Chicago Association of REALTORS® and fellow female executive leaders in the industry!
- Titans of Industry: Generating Multiple Streams of Income on March 30: We’re concluding our 2021 Titans of Industry series with the incomparable Marki Lemons-Ryhal, who will share her tips on how to set up multiple streams of income.
- YPN March Breakfast: Navigating A Changing Market on March 31: This month’s breakfast is all about adapting your business to and navigating a changing market. We’ll discuss how to handle difficult client conversations, explore ways to grow your online business and better understand how to use market statistics to enhance your value package.
Celebrate Your Accomplishments at the 2020 Sales Awards!
Join us for an evening of celebration and inspiration on Thursday, March 25 for our 2020 Sales Awards. We will be celebrating the collaboration in our industry and honoring the hard work by announcing our gold and platinum top producers! Registration opens soon at chicagorealtor.com/events.
Thinking of Earning a Designation? Apply For A Scholarship to Cover Part of the Cost!
Let the CAR Foundation help you with your education goals! The REALTORS® Real Estate School will be hosting seven designation courses coming up this summer, which can be partially or fully reimbursed through our available Foundation scholarships! Visit the Foundation website and apply for a scholarship by the Saturday, March 20 deadline!
Share Your Market Expertise with the Photofy App
Demonstrate the value you bring to the real estate transaction and beyond – in our Chicago neighborhoods, in understanding the local real estate market and in our influence on public policies that protect your clients’ rights as property owners.
Download the Photofy app to customize and share professionally-designed graphics that underscore your value, straight to your social media channels.
To get started today:
- Visit photofy.com/nar.
- At the bottom of the page, fill out the information under “Get Started with Photofy Today.” You will need your NRDS ID number for this!
- Open the email from Photofy and download the app on your device.
- Once the app is downloaded, open it. Click “Business Sign In” on the homepage and log in with your information, including your username and password.
- You will then have access to both NAR and CAR’s Photofy assets. To switch between the two, click the up arrow on the bottom of your screen.