We have the power. Here are the resources you need to educate yourself and ensure you’re stepping up for what’s right and empowering fair housing for all.
- Watch the history of fair housing in Chicago video.
- Witness our apology for past actions.
- Learn about our Diversity Committee, the 77, and read NAR’s Fair Housing Action Plan.
- Take the Fairhaven fair housing simulation training to test your business practices and compliance.
- Watch a fair housing training video.
- Learn about unconscious bias with the Bias Override video training.
- Register for the next At Home with Diversity certification.
- Download free fair housing graphics to customize and share on social media.
What We’re Doing: New Fair Housing Training, Free Fair Housing CE for Members
It is more important than ever for us to live up to our commitment to act as stewards of fair housing. One of the best ways to do so is to be educated on the different ways discrimination can appear in our industry. Both NAR and CAR have launched free fair housing training opportunities for you. Here’s what’s new:
Fairhaven: A Fair Housing Simulation
Fairhaven is NAR’s new interactive simulation training platform designed to help combat discrimination in America’s real estate market.
In Fairhaven, you will work against the clock to close four deals, confronting various scenarios where discrimination enters into the transaction. The training also provides customized feedback to help you incorporate fair housing principles in your daily interactions. Begin the program today at fairhaven.realtor.
Free Fair Housing Continuing Education
As a Chicago REALTOR®, you now have access to a free Fair Housing CE course as a 2021 member benefit. This opportunity will help ensure your business practices comply with fair housing laws, reinforce the importance of building ethical, socially-mindful practices into your business plan and refresh your knowledge of Fair Housing in real estate.
This course is available in webinar form, which will be hosted once a month, or self-study form. Added bonus: this course is worth three elective continuing education credits!
Visit ChicagoREALTOR.com/freefairhousing for more information and to get started today.